GUYS!! I’m so beyond excited about this week!
It’s #popsicleweek 2016!!
Are you a popsicle fan? The typical icy, fruity popsicles never really interested me as a kid. I mean, I was never one to pass up sweets when the opportunity presented itself, but if I had a choice, it was chocolate all day, every day.
Not only that, but creamy, dreamy, melt-in-your-mouth fudgesicle was something I looked forward to much more than those neon, syrupy push-pops. And don’t even get me started on orangesicles. Never ever times infinity.
I’ve always been and always will be a chocolate all the way kind of girl.
But as I’ve grown, I’ve been getting into some more…advanced…flavors than just pure chocolate. I mean, there’s always a time and a place for pure unadulterated chocolate euphoria, but when chocolate is mixed with other ingredients like coconut and coffee, it’s taken to a whole.other.level.
And the fact that this combo totally reminds me of those Mocha Coconut Frappuccinos I loved so very much makes me one happy camper.
Thus! The Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Popsicle was born. aka. my grown up fudgesicle!!
Cue exclamation points all around!
I’m so dang tickled with this FIVE ingredient recipe. I know we’ve used a lot of coconut cream on the blog recently, so I promise you’re going to love it in these. It’s so thick, creamy, and luscious; it’s the absolute perfect base for these here pops. Add some cocoa powder, maple syrup to sweeten, and cold brew concentrate to give it a kick (insert ALL of the heart-eyed emojis here), and mix. And pour into molds [I used these molds that my grandma so graciously found for me at Target!]. And that’s pretty much it.
I love how we make the freezer do all of the heavy lifting with this recipe. Because in summer, you shouldn’t be slaving over baked goods whenever a sweet craving strikes. There’s just too much sun, warm weather, and happiness to soak up. These babies are quick, easy, and totally storable in your freezer for whenever you want a delicious way to cool down.
Don’t you just want to lick your computer right now?!
No? Just me?
Well…this is awkward.
Make these, friends! You’re gonna love ’em this summer!
- FOR THE POPSICLES:
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight*
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. cold brew concentrate (I get mine from Trader Joe's) or REALLY strong coffee
- FOR THE COATING:
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- Make the popsicles: Open the can of coconut cream and add the thick white cream to the bowl of your stand mixer (a hand mixer works here, too!). Whip on medium to get a uniform fluffy mixture, about 30 seconds.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, and cold brew, and mix again, starting on low and then increasing to medium-high, until everything is combined and fluffy. You'll probably need to stop and scrape down the sides. Taste at this point, and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Using a spoon, scoop mixture into your popsicle molds. Lightly tap the molds on the counter to fill in the air bubbles. You can also use the stick and fill in the air bubbles by mixing the mixture.
- Place in the freezer until solid.
- Make the coating: Combine cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix. Dip, drizzle, dunk, or drench your frozen popsicles with the coating, and sprinkle with coconut if desired.
A special thanks to the wonderful Billy @ Wit and Vinegar for organizing Popsicle Week this year!
Get updates on my blog!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!