It’s Saturday. Thank goodness, right? This week was INSANE for me, and things are only going to get more crazy with projects, events, and assignments until the end of school. But I’m embracing the crazy, as it tends to motivate me. Crazy is good.
Unless it’s bad. Then it’s really bad.
Want to talk about crazy bad? This Pittsburgh weather. Bitter cold. Wind. Ice. Snow. Sleet. Hail. Crazy. BUT! It was warm enough to wear my favorite shoes this week (see photo)!! This warrants a celebration. A warm Pittsburgh after this hellish winter we had? I must be dreaming…
Anywho, here are some groovy links I spotted this week:
1. This Avocado Creme Brûlée. You’re kidding me right? This girl is a GENIUS. Truth be told, CCC was the first blog I ever followed. Memories.
2. Are you a smoothie bowl fan? They’re so insanely beautiful, but I’ve never actually bellied up to the
bar blender and given one a try. With the weather turning manageable, I can definitely be talked into one. Call me crazy, but slurping down an ice cold smoothie first thing in the morning does not motivate me to leave the comforts of my warm bed when it’s -34 degrees outside. Here are some on my to-make list: Festive! Unique! Fancy!
3. You know my thing with oats…this article has me totally inspired to try something new. Stay tuned.
4. I haven’t really been a pizza eater since I gave up the glutens. My mom, however, is a huge pizza fan, and she gave up gluten for Lent. Mom, I got you. #1 = swoon.
5. I love the idea of a Random Acts of Kindness Week. How cool would it be if everyone made every day a Random Acts of Kindness Day? I may experiment and write about some ideas on Fooduzzi…is this something you’d be interested in?
6. Hey! It’s Pi Day! I’m so not a pie person (crust is totally not my thing); however, this pie. This is the pie I want served to me breakfast, noon, and night.
7. There is truly no vegetable I love to roast more than fennel. It gets so caramely and sweet; it truly is addictive. Add white beans and garlic to the mix? Have. Mercy.
8. I don’t really eat too many fries. But these. Oh, these would be dangerous.
9. To all my cauliflower lovers out there (Hi, Julie!), I tried to cook/photograph a cauliflower steak recipe the other day. Total fail. Have any tips? In the meantime, I’m going to leave these other recipes riiiiight here for your viewing pleasure.
10. This isn’t a link. But I had to take a second to tell you how awesome my parents are. My dad surprised my mom with a romantic night out on the town today to celebrate…the 30th anniversary of their first date. MY DAD remembered this special date in his life. My mom had no clue.
PSA to all men: you have a lot of catching up to do.
Have a wonderful time, you crazy cats! I love you!
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!