Happy Easter Weekend, Fooduzzi foodies!
What are your plans for the weekend? I’m just thrilled to be off for an entire week! (!!!) We’re getting down to crunch time where things are just going to get outta-control crazy until the end of the semester (and…er…graduation?), so this little break has come at THE perfect time. Couch: expect an Alexa imprint this whooooole week.
When I can manage to actually get off of my butt and be productive this break, I fully intend to venture to the Strip District (see photo). Yinzers, isn’t the Strip the best? Once the weather breaks, it’s pretty much the only place I want to be. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the Strip, it’s basically heaven. See my Pittsburgh Favorites page for more info.
In other exciting news, my grandma is coming into town for Easter! We call her “Gin.” No, not like the drink. With a hard G. Gin is one of the most wonderful people you will ever meet in your life. She sent me a card last week with a gift certificate for a hug inside. She’s. The. Best.
Spring is in full-force (finally), so I’ve got that splendidly springy produce on the brain. Check out these recipes that are embracing this whole “spring” thing:
- Look at all of these delicious fruits and veggies that are in season! TGFSPILTTBTOY. (thank goodness for spring produce; it’s like totally the best time of year)
- Pistachios! Asparagus! Feta! This recipe has it going on.
- My favorite ingredients with which to cook include kale, smoked paprika, garlic, and beets. Guys, I think I’ve found the perfect meal.
- I’m a HUGE fan of veg-filled tacos (enter: Guacos). In fact, I ordered the Papas Y Hongos (potato and mushroom) tacos at a restaurant called Verde twice last week. These, however, are next on my to-make list. Look at that color! Spring = <3
- Lemon and Easter are like the best pairing that ever was. These Lemon Bars, man…they’re so beautiful.
- I used to HATE hummus. What a wonderful world I was missing.
- Make this now. Bring it over. Let’s be besties.
- I have a completely serious question for you: which four foods would you bring with you in a post-apocalyptic world? For me, it would definitely be peanut butter, Fuji apples, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal…purely because they’re my favorite foods. These chefs thought a little harder about this whole scenario.
- I may just be dipping into summer’s bounty with this one, but can you really blame me?
- This is not a link, but I wanted to post a little something in memory of my cat, Morgan. She passed away one year ago today. Morgan was crazy, but she was the best darned cat a girl could have. This particular picture was taken the day after my three-month study abroad jaunt in Italy. She refused to leave my side. Best. Cat. Ever.
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Q: Have you spotted any spring recipes yet? Which are your fav?
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!