Yippee! It’s Saturday again! How was your week?
I had an awesome week. Like, it seriously rivaled any other week in the history of Alexa. Woah. I spent some much-needed time with friends. I finished up a semester-long course project with one of those said “friends.” Attended a research symposium for a research project I’m completing this semester. ‘Twas a good week indeed.
We finally got our first round of those “April Showers” this week, and my hair has never looked better. And by better, I mean worse. Pittsburgh, it is SO MUCH to ask that you control this whole humidity thing? You’re killin’ me.
It was a good whole foods recipe week, too. Here are a few of my favs:
- When I’m craving foods, I’m not craving something sweet or salty…no, I always reach for any chewy, crunchy, and/or irresistibly texture-packed eats I can get my hands on. Goji berries fit this bill perfectly due to their ultra chewy nature. Also, they’re quite tasty. While I usually reach for a handful as a snack, I may be updating my snack time to include this beaut’.
- If I were in The Sound of Music, I would be singing about all of the ingredients in this meal as “a few of my favorite things.”
- LOOK AT THIS PINK FILLING. WHAT?!
- I’ve never tried Banoffee Pie, but I’ve never wanted a Banoffee Pie more in my life than right now.
- Apparently I’m in the mood for pie? The color of this pie makes me happier than a sale on kale!
- Can we talk about dried figs? I used them for the first time on the blog this week, but it’s safe to say that I am undoubtedly in love with them. I could only imagine the kinds of magic they can do in a dessert like this.
- I really hate when people say “combo.” But I’m going to do it. Because there is no greater combo than lemon poppyseed.
- “But vegans and vegetarians can’t get enough protein!” HA! Silence the haters.
- I’ve been craving pasta lately. Cauliflower and roasted garlic make me crave it all the days.
- Keeping with the same theme, have you ever seen a more beautiful soup? No. No you haven’t. Go forth and make this now.
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!