There have been 10 whole Stupid Awesome Saturday recipe roundups already! Where has the time gone?
This intro is going to be short & sweet because I’m getting all Pomp and Circumstanced and whatnot today. Thank you for being so supportive of my graduation, Fooduzzi followers. You truly are one of the best parts of my day.
Another “best part” of my day? My mom. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful givers out there. I’m thrilled to be celebrating such an exciting weekend with my mom. You make my life infinitely better, Mama Fooduzzi. I love ya big much.
One of the best ways to show you truly love someone, in my
humble opinion, is to cook for them; therefore, I will definitely be cookin’ up a little somethin’ somethin’ for my mom tomorrow morning. Here are some recipes that are sure to make Mother’s Day that much sweeter for just about any mom:
- For the sweets-lovin’ mom: Banana bread is a total classic. Your mama will go bananas (sorry) over this refined sugar-free variety.
- For the sweets-lovin’ mom: An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so keep your mom in tip-top shape by cookin’ up this beautiful apple tart!
- For the sweets-lovin’ mom: I’m going rogue today and linking to some of Fooduzzi’s recipes for Mother’s Day. Because my mom tends to enjoy them. So I’m assuming that your mother, in turn, will enjoy them, too. How about cookies for breakfast? Or baked oatmeal that will make your whole house smell like a bakery? Or creamy dreamy rice pudding? She’ll love these sweet whole foods options!
- For the savory-lovin’ mom: Sweet breakfasts are so not my mother’s cup-o-tea, so I’ve got to supply you with some savory options. In my opinion, there truly is nothing better in this world than pesto (see this and this for further proof). My mom loves it, too. That’s why I know that she would just adore this spiffy omelette served table-side.
- For the savory-lovin’ mom: My mom and I have had this recipe bookmarked for about a year now, and we still haven’t gotten around to making it. Perhaps I will surprise her with a plate full of this gluten free and vegan bread Sunday morning.
- For the savory-lovin’ mom: Two of my mom’s all-time favorite Fooduzzi recipes are this beautiful salad, as we both have a total and utter addiction to beets, and this texture-packed dish, which is a play on one of our favorite restaurant meals. If you’re trying to go the savory route, these two options will make your mama a very happy lady.
- For the health-conscious mom: While all of the recipes on this list are made with whole foods, maybe your mom wants something a little lighter, yet still ultimately delicious and filling. Homemade granola is always a good option. Served with some ice cold almond milk (or a homemade Turmeric Date Almond Milk)? Perfection.
- For the health-conscious mom: My mom is a huge breakfast smoothie guru, and she has loved Fooduzzi’s smoothies. This heart-healthy choice is as delicious as it is stunning. Make this one for the mom that is “effortlessly cool.” Or treat your mom to the tropics with this green beauty.
- For the breakfast-in-bed mom: Sometimes we all have to sloooooow down and enjoy life a little more. For the mom that enjoys a relaxing breakfast in bed, I’m betting that she will be absolutely gleeful after setting these puppies down in front of her (note: please do not serve your mother actual puppies on Mother’s Day).
- For the breakfast-in-bed mom: Nothing screams “comfort” more so than oatmeal. If your mom is an oat-lovin’ fool, she’ll love my oatty breakfast options. The first recipe that I ever posted is a winner every.dang.time.
I hope you all have a special Mother’s Day! Treat your mama well and cook it up!
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!