This has been a wonderful week, don’tcha think? It was my first week of summer vacation. I worked on some kick-butt recipes. I tried this amazing tea. I ate Mexican food like, every day. It was the perfect week.
Because I have some summer vacation time before I start my “big girl” job, I will be cooking like a crazy person, trying to work on some quality content for all ya’ll. So I’m here to ask: Do you have any requests? What kinds of recipes do you want to see more/less of? Want more whole food desserts? How about quick and easy entrées? Request away!
In the meantime, I’m going to link to some recipes that would make kick-butt additions to any of your summertime picnics or parties. I don’t know about you, but one of the things I look forward to most in May, June, and July are the fun, food-filled, and family-and-friend-packed picnics that always fill up my weekend plans. Bring some of these to your next outing, and you’re sure to be the hit of the party:
- So, my graduation party was last weekend. My dad used it as an excuse to show off his ridiculously amazing cooking skills. This dish made an appearance, although he opted to roast the broccoli instead of keeping it raw, and it totally was the hit of the party. EVERYONE asked for the recipe.
- Part of my Mexican food week consisted of taco salads made with this lentil walnut “meat.” Now, I love me some lentils, but I didn’t think that they could be this delicious. To pair with them, I made a super special guacamole recipe that you’ll be seeing soon. It could very well be the one food that I could eat for the rest of my life. Stay tuned.
- I loved Sloppy Joes as a kid, but I thought they were just a thing of the past after I transitioned into a plant-based lifestyle. With the power of the lowly lentil, however, all things “sloppy” are possible. That was a weird sentence.
- If you haven’t partaken in the glory that is smoked paprika yet, you are missing out on one of the best food experiences in the world. I cannot wait to try this wonderful spice in this preparation. Need more smoked paprika goodness? I’ve got you covered, my dear.
- Flax seeds are some seriously delicious nutritional powerhouses. Let’s be crazy and throw them into dessert this summer.
- Could you imagine if someone showed up to one of your parties and brought vegan tiramisu? Best guest ever, right? YOU could be that person.
- You can never go wrong with chocolate. But with superfood chocolate? You’ll be cat’s meow.
- Be KIND to your fellow party-goers.
- Not really a dessert person? Go the savory-sweet route with this nutty recipe.
- Or, if you really want to be the hit of the party, bring the drinky drinks. Yeah, you’ll reach best friend status reeeal quick.
Stay classy, Internet friends!
PS! I’ve joined the Tumblr world! Tumbl with me for blog updates, behind-the-scene pictures, and recipe posts!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!