I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Aka. I have plans to get Mexican food both days this weekend. Nothing screams “Memorial Day weekend” quite like the sound of sizzling fajitas coming your way. Am I right?
If I’m wrong, I so don’t want to be right.
I’ll obviously be doing the whole Memorial Day picnic thing on Monday. What are your plans? I’m really excited to eat all the delicious grilled food. While I love roasting my veggies, grilling is seriously where it’s at. Smoky caramelized goodness? How can anything coming off of the grill be bad? I have a kick-butt summer marinade recipe that I use for pretty much anything that touches our grill…you shall be seeing that real soon :)
I also love all the random salads and sides. We used to be big fans of that sweet and sour ramen salad…ever had it? It’s quite addictive and quite…caloric. This weekend however, I’ll be turning towards some delicious (and nutritious!) Memorial Day eats. Here are some Memorial Day-worthy grub that has been looking particularly delish:
- My roommate’s dad was kind enough to give me some of his dried ghost peppers (these things are spicy) a couple of weeks ago. I think I’ll be making this, and then drizzling it on top of some grilled veggies. Um. Yum.
- Do you like creamy potato salad, but wish you could find a healthier alternative to mayo? This recipe has got you covered.
- Want to add some festive color to your picnic table? How about some beautiful blue potatoes and bright red chilies?
- Need a hardy side to pair with your grilled goodness? Jonesing for some of that summer corn that’s not quite ripe yet? May I direct you to this cast-iron cornbread. I’ve had it. It’s so dang perfect.
- Because I am Mexican food-obsessed, I need some of this guac. Help me make a case for the patriotism of guacamole, and add it to your Memorial Day menu.
- Along these same lines, I’m a firm believer that salsa can be festive…if it’s made with juicy strawberries!
- Um. Can we talk about pure beauty on a plate for a second? Actually, no. Just go make this now.
- Show some pride via this brilliantly red hummus!
- For dessert, why don’t you try a beautiful fruit tart? Change up the fruit on top, and you’ll have a red-white-and blue sweet treat that is sure to dazzle all of your friends!
- You’ll need some lazy morning breakfast ideas, too! How about some homemade, from scratch coconut milk yogurt parfaits? Does it get any better than this?!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, everyone!
Stay safe, eat good, and as always, stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!