What’s happening, peeps?
After a whirlwind of a week, I am done. Done done done! *cue happy dance* My last class, ironically enough, was Rock & Roll (senior year electives are so cool), and I felt such a sense of accomplishment when my professor let us go. This is so weird, guys!
[I promise, this will be the second-to-last time I’ll gush over how weirded out/excited/terrified/thrilled/etc. I am over graduation. I must gush next weekend aka. graduation weekend]
On to other news, we’re [finally] dipping [back] into the warmer weather, fellow Pittsburghers! After freezing my youknowwhat off last week, I am welcoming this weather with open arms. Summer, here we come!!
For my recipe roundup this week, I wanted to focus on color. Summer produce is just so.dang.beautiful. Let’s see what the blogosphere can offer us in terms of colorful contributions to this sensational summer theme:
- I totally have a love affair with brussels sprouts. Colorful brussels with…peanut butter? Heaven. I’m in heaven.
- I’ve tried poaching an egg just once in my life, and it was such an epic fail, I’m totally nervous to try it again. However. I’m so into this whole “Put an Egg On It” movement, so this lovely yellow number is tempting me to try my hand at poaching once again.
- I will *literally* eat anything with cashews in it. Purple is my favorite color. And peanut butter is peanut butter. This dish is perfect.
- I’m loving my raw desserts, but I’ve never had an opportunity to try raw cheesecake. I’m so not a normal cheesecake fan, but this vegan variety? I think I could get used to it.
- Hey there, Cinco de Mayo noms!
- I cannot wait to get you guys some curry recipes! What are your thoughts on this warming spice blend? I personally LOVE curry, especially when it’s prepared in something this indescribably beautiful!
- My great-grandma had a tomato plant in her back yard. Every time we would go over to her house, she would serve us fresh tomato sandwiches on her fluffy homemade bread. Needless to say, this is my definition of perfection. It’s also why in-season tomatoes are one of my favorite parts of summer. I’m definitely going to give this a try to embrace my tomato lovin’.
- Although kale is more of a wintery veg, there’s no way I can go all summer without my favorite leafy green!
- If Pittsburgh keeps up this beautiful weather, I’m going to need this homemade ice cream #allthedays.
- I love my turmeric (see this recipe for proof). But throwing it into a brilliantly yellow smoothie? Could there BE a more perfect way to wake up?!
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!