Guys, this week was delicious. I had a wonderful lunch with my favorite professor at Kaya (if you’re in the Pittsburgh area, you owe it to yourself to go to Kaya at least once a week. It’s my favorite restaurant of all-time). I went to a celebratory dinner with my family at Altius and had one of the best meals of my entire life. And…I prepared for Fooduzzi’s CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER WEEK for next week! Heeeeck yes!
Side note: Can every week be chocolate peanut butter week?
While you’ll have to wait until Monday for some of that chocolate peanut butter goodness (and boy is it good), you won’t need to wait for some fantastic Father’s Day meal inspiration! Welcome to my Father’s Day recipe roundup – complete with healthy whole food recipes your dad is bound to love!
- Is your dad burger-happy? I can’t imagine a burger tasting any better than these stunning Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers! Top it off with some grilled cheese (did you catch that? GRILLED. CHEESE.), and I know you’ll have a winner on your hands.
- A mere 10 minutes ago, my dad mentioned that he loves green chilies on his burgers. Well, Papa Fooduzzi, do I have the recipe for you: meet these mouthwatering Mexican Green Chili Veggie Burgers. Smoky, spicy, and undoubtably superb.
- If your dad is half as addicted to Mexican food as mine is, he’ll love my beautiful Better-than-Chipotle Burrito Bowls! They’re 100% customizable for your papa’s ideal bowl! (pictured above)
- We’re going Italian this father’s day, complete with my mom’s famous Vegetable Lasagna (you’ll be seeing that recipe soon!). These zesty Zucchini Noodles with Basil Almond Pesto are a great place to start showering your dad with allllll the Italian things!
- Corn on the cob: the most delicious of summer’s bounty. When it comes to corn, my dad goes hard in the paint. I’m thinking that he would love this super Smoky Lime Grilled Corn on the Cob.
- I know literally every male in my family will be rolling their eyes at me for this one. BUT. If you have a veggie-lovin’ father in your life, perhaps you can treat him to this creative Crispy Vegan Smoked Mushroom “Bacon.” I wholeheartedly trust the fine people at Serious Eats with the daunting task of turning a measly mushroom into some bangin’ bacon.
- Perhaps your dad will be glued to the television watching the U.S. Open this weekend. If so, he’ll love my festive Green Tea Arnold Palmer! It’s a little tart, a little sweet, and totally satisfying! (pictured above)
- We can’t forget about those dads who have a sweet tooth! Mine loves a simple peanut butter cookie, so these gorgeous Gluten Free Salted Peanut Butter Cookies are right up his alley! They only require FIVE ingredients, and if I were a bettin’ gal, I’d bet that you have every ingredient in your kitchen right now.
- I’m whipping up a batch of my heavenly Nutella Freezer Fudge for my dad today! It only takes a few minutes to make the best, melt-in-you-mouth fudge around! This stuff is ADDICTIVE. (pictured above)
- As a little teaser for next week, I’m going to suggest that you make your dad these wonderful Whole Food No-Bake Cookies. They’re one of my dad’s favorite recipes on Fooduzzi! (pictured above)
Stay classy, Internet friends! Have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend! I’m thrilled that I get to spend this special weekend with my fellow spicy food addict, racing fan, and Pittsburgh-lover, Papa Fooduzzi. I love you mucho.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!