The Best Damn Vegetarian Tacos
- 4-6 small potatoes (I like using the tri-colored ones here)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. garlic
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. diced onion
- small handful cilantro, divided
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup pineapple, diced
- “Optional” Toppings: shredded/chopped romaine, guacamole, Cholula, cheese
- Make the Smoky Potatoes: Set the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut your potatoes into small chunks. Place the potato chunks on the lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and coat in salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Add spices to taste, but be sure your are liberal with the smoked paprika.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes, mixing every few minutes.
- Remove the Smoky Potatoes from the oven and add more smoked paprika.
- Make the Garlic Mushrooms: While your potatoes are roasting, make the Garlic Mushrooms. Cut each mushroom into 3-4 slices.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a sauté pan. Over medium heat, add garlic. The moment you start to smell garlic, add the mushrooms and turn to coat in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Allow mushrooms to cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Be sure that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Make the Pico de Gallo: Dice tomatoes into small chunks, and place them in a bowl. Add onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Assemble The Best Damn Vegetarian Tacos of your life: Heat tortillas in the microwave (about 25 seconds wrapped in a damp paper towel will do!). Add potatoes and mushrooms to the tortilla. Top with Pico de Gallo, pineapple, and a squeeze of lime. Top with romaine, guacamole, Cholula, and cheese.