Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Make the cookies: Set your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, making sure to remove all clumps.
- In another small bowl, melt coconut oil,. Add cashew butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Measure out tablespoon-sized mounds of cookie dough and roll into balls. Stick cookies on the lined baking sheet, and place in the freezer for 2 minutes.
- Make the cinnamon-sugar coating: Meanwhile, mix coconut sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Assemble: Remove cookies from freezer. Re-roll each ball if desired, then coat each ball with the cinnamon-sugar coating. Freeze for another 10 minutes.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.