Hummus Kale Toast
- Yield: 2 slices (double as necessary) 1x
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 handful kale
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced or grated
- salt + pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp. hummus
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- For topping: hemp seeds and red pepper flakes
- Toast your bread in the toaster, on the stove, or in the oven.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add kale, garlic, and salt+pepper to taste. Sauté until the kale is tender and the garlic is fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the toast with your desired amount of hummus.Top with garlicky kale. Top with lemon zest, hemp seeds, and red pepper flakes. Devour.