Almond Butter Avocado Pesto
- 1 and 1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. roasted almond butter
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese (vegans can use nutritional yeast)
- 1/2 avocado
- salt + pepper
- 3+ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon, optional
- Add basil, garlic, almond butter, parmesan, avocado, salt, and pepper to a food processor and process. Drizzle in olive oil until the mixture becomes a paste. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add a drizzle a lemon to brighten flavors and to help keep the pesto green. Serve immediately. Easily doubled, tripled, etc.