Easy Baked Buffalo Tofu
A simple, healthy, protein-packed vegan main! Perfect for dinners, bowls, salads, and more!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 3-5 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and drained of excess water for 30 minutes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
salt + pepper
2 Tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
1/4 cup hot sauce / buffalo sauce (I always use Frank’s)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your tofu into small squares / rectangles. My pieces were about an inch tall and a 1/2-inch wide.
- In a large bowl, combine your olive oil, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Mix. Add your tofu chunks, and carefully toss to coat. Add your cornstarch, and toss to coat again.
- Add your tofu to the prepared baking sheet, laying the tofu in an even, single layer, making sure that none of the pieces are touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the tofu pieces and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add the baked tofu to a large bowl and toss with buffalo sauce. Return the tofu to the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes. Yum!
Keywords: buffalo tofu, baked tofu, easy tofu recipe