Vegan Strawberry Lemon Sweet Rolls
These Vegan Strawberry Lemon Sweet Rolls are soft, pillowy, and simple to make! You’ll love having this recipe in your back pocket for your lazy Sundays and spring and summer holidays!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 rolls
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
1 cup almond milk, heated to 105-110 degrees F.
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 pack active dry yeast (1 tsp. + 1/8 tsp.)
2 and 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour + more for kneading
3/4 cup strawberry preserves
1 cup powdered sugar
zest of one lemon
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. almond milk
1/2 Tbsp. melted vegan butter
splash vanilla extract
pinch turmeric (optional, for color)
- Add your warm almond milk, melted vegan butter, and sugar to a large bowl. Mix to combine, then sprinkle your active dry yeast on top and mix.
- Once the yeast blooms, about 3-5 minutes, add your flour and salt, and mix well to combine. Cover with a towel, and allow the dough to rise for an hour.
- After one hour, dust your work area with flour. Sprinkle a bit of flour around the sides of the bowl to help you scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl and onto your floured surface. Butter the sides and bottom of a springform pan (if you don’t have a springform, a regular pan will do!).
- Knead 5-6 times, or until the dough comes together, then roll into a rectangle, about 1/2-inch in thickness (10″ x 12″-ish), with the long edge facing you.
- Spread the dough with strawberry preserves, leaving 1-inch of the long edge across from you clear.
- Roll your dough from the long edge into a spiral, using your fingers to keep the jam in the roll. Cut off the edges with a sharp (serrated if you have it) knife, and then cut into 8 equal rolls.
- Place your rolls into your prepared pan. Cover with a towel and rest for 30 minutes, and start preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the towel and bake your rolls for 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Meanwhile, make your glaze by whisking all of your ingredients together until smooth.
- Allow the rolls to cool for 5-10 minutes, then pour the glaze on top. Eat warm!
Dough slightly adapted from Tasty.
Keywords: vegan sweet rolls, homemade sweet rolls, vegan desserts