Kale Brussels Sprout Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing
A simple, wholesome, flavorful fall salad! The Maple Dijon Dressing is tangy, slightly sweet, and the perfect accompaniment to any and all fall veggies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 salads 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- ~4 handfuls kale leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded raw brussels sprouts
- 1 fuji apple, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix up your dressing ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Set aside.
- Add your kale and brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Pour on 3/4 of your dressing, and massage the dressing into the greens for a few minutes. The kale should turn bright green and start to soften.
- Add your apple, dried cranberries, and walnuts, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with the leftover dressing on top (or store in the fridge — I loved it as leftovers!).
Want to bulk up your salad? Add avocado, crispy tofu, beans, roasted squash, roasted fennel, and/or pumpkin seeds!
Keywords: fall salad, kale salad, maple dijon dressing