Dreamy Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
A super simple vegan frosting recipe made from whole foods like cashews, lemon juice, and almond milk! Use it on your favorite vegan cake!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: ~3 cups
- Category: frosting
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 2 and 1/2 cups cashews
- 5 Tbsp. non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3–4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add your cashews to a medium bowl and cover with boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Add your drained cashews to a high-powered blender with your milk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and a small pinch of salt. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. The mixture will be very thick.
- Transfer your mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer and place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add your powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and beat with the paddle attachment until combined and smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Eat with a spoon or with your favorite vegan cake!
Keywords: frosting, vegan, cream cheese frosting