Vegan Pumpkin Roll
A heavenly, vegan take on the classic pumpkin roll! The perfect dessert recipe for fall, it’s perfectly spiced and loaded with vegan cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 roll
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt*
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
TOPPING / FROSTING:
2/3 cup powdered sugar
~1 batch Dreamy Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- CAKE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10×15 cake pan, then lay a piece of parchment paper on top, making sure the parchment sticks. Then grease the parchment paper and up the sides of the pan. Stickage is the enemy here, friend!
- Whisk your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt, pumpkin, brown sugar, and granulated sugar well. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and mix until just combined (don’t overmix unless you want it to get tough!).
- Spread the batter into your prepared baking pan (it’ll be thick, so you can use an offset spatula to make sure it gets spread evenly), and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cake with spring back after being lightly touched.
- While the cake is baking, take a tea towel and sprinkle the 2/3 cup of powdered sugar on top. As soon as the cake is done cooking, carefully flip the cake onto your powdered sugar tea towel and peel off the parchment paper. Carefully roll the cake, starting at the small side, into a spiral (remembering that it will be warm).
- Place in the fridge overnight, or at least 6-8 hours.
- NEXT MORNING: Carefully unroll your pumpkin roll, making sure that your towel doesn’t have any wrinkles. Frost the entire top of your cake with cream cheese frosting (I had about 3/4 cup left over), and carefully roll it back up, peeling the cake away from the towel. Top with additional powdered sugar if desired and serve!
*I used both vanilla yogurt and unsweetened yogurt here! I liked the vanilla one best, but either one works just fine.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Keywords: pumpkin roll, vegan, dessert, pumpkin