Hi!! Happy!! Monday!!
Phew. I just had coffee. Can you tell?
This recipe was originally supposed to be posted last week, but…life happened. Our little floof wasn’t feeling very good, work was insane in the very best way possible, and I was pretty much in bed by 9:30 every night last week. And this weekend.
Life as a 20-something, my friends.
BUT. I think I’m *finally* caught up on sleep. And that means more recipes for you! Woot woot!
These noodles are so so so simple. It’s the perfect, “Oh crap, what are we having for dinner tonight?” dinner because it relies on only a few kitchen staples to make the flavors really pop.
At the forefront: ginger and garlic.
You can tell that I’m clearly having a moment with ginger. And honestly, you’ll probably see yet another recipe featuring this spicy root in the not-too-distant future. But that’s okay. I’m totally giving into my ginger craving and not feeling bad about it one bit.
And garlic. For a while there, I seriously never cooked with garlic. I hated how nasty it made my hands, cutting board, knife, etc. smell, so I just never used it. That all changed when I bought a $4 garlic press from IKEA a few months ago. Seriously, I’ve been using garlic nonstop. So into the noodles it goes.
Your other ingredients? Pasta (gf if necessary), soy sauce / gluten free tamari, honey / maple syrup, sesame oil, and broccoli. I always (always) have these ingredients in our apartment. Especially the broccoli. In fact, I’d bet that we have at least two bags of broccoli in our fridge at all times. But these simple flavors are sort of the back up dancers to the ginger and garlic’s Beyoncé. That makes sense, right?
Then a little sprinkle of green onions and sesame seeds on top? Seriously a happy camper rn.
I hope you give this easy dinner a try! Enjoy, friends!
Easy Ginger Garlic Noodles
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 4-6 people||Total:|
An easy 30 minute meal! Easily gluten free and vegan, and packed with ginger and garlic flavor.
- 1 lb. pasta (gluten free if desired)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 big cloves garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cup pasta water
- 10 oz. broccoli (about 2 cups), cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt + pepper
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce or gluten free tamari*
- 1 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup for vegans)*
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2+ tsp. sesame oil
- To garnish: sliced green onion, sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.** Reserve 1 and 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining. You'll need it in a sec.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (it should be large enough to hold your pasta once it's done cooking), Add ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Don't let the garlic brown too much.
- Add pasta water and broccoli, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- When your broccoli is tender, add your noodles and toss with kitchen tongs to combine. Pour your sauce mixture over top and toss. Finish with sesame oil, and toss once again. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. I added both.
- Serve immediately, or eat straight from the fridge.
*I really liked having the garlic and ginger shine here, so this pasta isn't too saucy. If you want it saucy, go ahead and increase the soy sauce and honey quantities by 2 or 3.
**If using gluten free pasta, I think it makes all the difference in the world to rinse it under cold water after cooking. I know that's totally frowned upon in the pasta-making world, but trust me. It will stick together way less if you rinse it.
Heavily adapted from The Queen's Aglio e Olio
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!