- Fooduzzi is pronounced “Fuh-doo-zee.” My last name is Peduzzi (pronounced “Puh-doo-zee”), so the name Fooduzzi is just a cute little play on my last name. Fooduzzi is a plant-based gluten-free food blog.
- I know how difficult it can be to make whole food meals a priority and keep up with a busy professional and social life at the same time. I’m a firm believer that whole foods are, not only simple to prepare, but also really stinkin’ delicious. Eating whole foods keeps me feeling like my best self. My goal at Fooduzzi is to show you how you can prepare downright delectable whole food meals, snacks, and desserts in the comforts of your own home.
- I really like to learn about food. Whole foods, in particular. Food is a powerful necessity in our everyday lives, and it can dictate how we feel and how we operate. I didn’t always think food knowledge was so important, but now, you can almost always find me with my head in a food blog or book during my free time. That being said, I am NOT a doctor, nutritionist, or nurse. All of the information found on Fooduzzi is a result of my personal research and opinion. Any health questions should be directed to your primary care physician.
- All recipes are gluten free and vegetarian. Most recipes are vegan and/or paleo.
- New recipes are posted on Mondays and Thursdays. I’ll also post a recipe roundup or “Life” post on Saturdays. Leave a comment below if you have an awesome recipe you’d like me to shout out!
- My name is Alexa Peduzzi, and I run Fooduzzi.com. I live in Pittsburgh and will probably talk about it a lot. #sorrynotsorry. I love it. I love the people. I love the atmosphere. I love the restaurants. If you’re a local or planning a trip to the Burgh, be sure to check out my PGH Favorites page for a list of my favorite spots around Pittsburgh.
I’m in college. I’m a dork, and I really like classes.As of May 2015, I’m a college graduate! I love to learn new things, and I often say that my dream job would be a full-time student. This is one of the reasons for the creation of Fooduzzi; I want to learn all I can about the art that is healthy eating.
- In addition, I studied abroad twice during my time in college: a week in England and a semester in Italy. Needless to say, both changed my life.
- I’m obsessed with a lot of things. Bands, blogs, TV shows, movies, food etc. At the moment: The Avett Brothers, ohsheglows.com, Gilmore Girls, and Fuji apples.
- Along those same lines, my all-time favorite food is peanut butter. Closely followed by oatmeal. I am an 80-year-old woman.
- Not really. I’m really
2122. Here’s a fun story: at the moment I turned 21, I wasn’t at some crazy bar getting as drunk as possible. I was at home, in bed. My mom brought me a glass of wine. Boom. I am an 80-year-old woman.
- That being said, I really love my family. My parents are the best, most “in love” couple I have ever met. My brother is pretty awesome, too. Enough said.
- I will talk about my incredible boyfriend, Mark, quite a bit. I hope you don’t mind; he’s just so darn cute. And he built me an amazing recipe plugin! We also have a calico kitten named Maya. (see photo)
- I work for Food Blogger Pro, a membership site for food bloggers run by Bjork & Lindsay Ostrom of Pinch of Yum fame. I also work for Jessica Merchant from How Sweet It Is. I have looked up to Bjork, Lindsay, and Jessica for years, so I am incredibly thankful and humbled to work alongside them every day.
- Starting Fooduzzi was the best thing I have ever done. I love it. I love it so so much. Read more about the lessons I’ve learned since starting Fooduzzi in my “How to Run a Food Blog” series.