Hi hi! Welcome to my plant-based corner of the internet. I’m so so so excited you’re here!
I’m Alexa, the 20-something gal with a deep, delicious love of fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains. Reading about, learning about, eating, enjoying, devouring food is my favorite past-time.
What in the world is a Fooduzzi?
First of all, it’s pronounced Foo-do-zee. Over the 2+ years I’ve been blogging, I’ve heard quite a few guesses, my favorite being that Fooduzzi stood for Food Uzzi…like a food gun. What.
Surprisingly enough, the name “Fooduzzi” does not mean “food gun.” Instead, it’s a play on my last name, Peduzzi (Pe-do-zee). Some of my fondest food memories growing up were spent around the dinner table, in the kitchen with my parents, or traveling and eating. So Fooduzzi is an homage to my food journey, if you will.
Some things you should know about me
- I really love peanut butter. And chocolate. And cookies.
- I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and I love love love it. It’s such a great time to be a Pittsburgher.
- My whole life is food blogging. At least it feels that way sometimes. But I’m not complaining – I LOVE it. I work for Food Blogger Pro, a food blogging membership site created by the totally awesome Bjork & Lindsay from Pinch of Yum.
- Starting Fooduzzi was the best thing I ever did.
- You can read even more about me here on my About page if you so desire!
Readers’ favorite recipes
I started Fooduzzi in December 2014, so I have quite a few recipes under my belt. Over the past 2+ years, some have really resonated with my readers, including:
Broccoli & Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing – The most popular recipe on my blog! It couldn’t be more easy, and it’s delicious warm, cold, or at room temp!
The Easiest Way to Cut a Watermelon – This way of cutting a watermelon as truly changed my life in the summer. So easy, and the pieces are just so cute!
Thai Peanut Hummus – Hummus made with peanut butter, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha. Omg.
Healthy Buffalo Chickpea Dip – A vegetarian (or vegan) buffalo chicken dip! It’s just as creamy and spicy as the original. Pinky promise.
My Favorite Recipes
I love each and every recipe on my site in its own special way, but, of course, I have my favorites. Here are the recipes that will always get a gold star in my book:
Lemon Chia Seed Granola – Quite possibly the best granola in the world.
The Big Vegan Rainbow Bowl – It’s topped with this maple almond butter dressing that I could seriously drink through a straw.
Cheez-it Roasted Chickpeas – Roasted chickpeas…that taste like Cheez-its. Enough said.
Strawberry White Bean Caprese Salad with Honey Black Pepper Granola – Have you ever seen such a beautiful sight?! The honey black pepper granola croutons are so so perfect.
How to use Fooduzzi
Honestly, that’s all up to you and what you need. You can use the toolbar at the top of my site to navigate through all of my recipes in a few different ways (just hover over Recipes on my top toolbar):
- by title – All recipes are listed on my Recipe Index in text format. You can also check out my visual recipe index, which will show you pictures of each recipe.
- by course
- by dietary preference – Gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian
If you have any questions, or if you just wanna say hey, you can get in touch with me on social media (@fooduzzi) or email me at fooduzzi[at]gmail[dot]com.
Thank you so much for stopping by; you are wonderful.