Hello! How was your week? Was it as crazy as mine?
I have such a difficult time shutting my mind up at night when I am going-going-going during the day. I’m like the dang Energizer Bunny these days.
Although I’ve been stupidly busy, I am stupid thankful for sunsets that can calm me down. In fact, I’m writing this during sunset. I have a HUGE window in my living room, and I am lucky enough to be able to watch the sunrise and sunset every morning and every evening. Tough life. This particular night is gorgeous. There are about a million different shades of pastels highlighting the sky. Is there anything more beautiful than a sunset? It’s the little things in life. Especially when life is being mad. cray.
Here are some zany links I saw this week!
1. My dad likes to call BBQ sauce “meat icing.” If that sounds as unappetizing to you as it does to me, why don’t you try some BBQ Lentils with Millet Polenta on for size?
2. I have a food list of different “complicated” dishes I want to try making, and from said list, I’ve only made apple pie and croissants. Homemade pasta is definitely on my list, and this would be a wonderful place to start.
3. Have you ever made ice cream? I remember making ice cream in a coffee can at Girl Scout camp many moons ago. While convenient, I feel like this vegan variety would be a much tastier (and healthier) option. And oh, I have ice cream recipes churning (pun intended) in my cabeza for summer.
4. I’ve only had curry once, and it was used in a sweet pumpkin-y sauce with tons of winter vegetables. I loved it, so I’m really excited to venture down the curry path in the future. I’ve never had green curry before…are you a fan? This recipe has me super eager to try it.
6. I’m obsessed with whatever this is.
7. If I’m being completely honest with you, I don’t think I’ve ever had a plum. In the summer months, we’re strictly a nectarine family. Heck, I can even count the number of peaches I’ve had in my lifetime on one hand due to my parents’ displeasure of them. It’s a sad existence. But. I may just have to break the mold and try these this summer.
8. We’ve all heard that watching too much TV can be bad for our health. And, apparently, what we watch could also be an issue! But that’s totally not going to stop me! Bring on the Alton Brown!
9. My friend and I are trying to get into red wines (I’m usually partial to the whites), and this guide is perfect for veggie-lovin’ me!
10. This beautifully green dish epitomizes springtime. I’m so ready.
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!