What’s been happening this week? Did you have a fun Memorial Day?
I had a splendid little Memorial Day with my family and Mark. My parents broke out the grill. We had quinoa… two ways ’cause we’re fancy. They had burgers. We had my Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecakes and watermelon for dessert. It was a glorious day.
But the shining moment of the dinner? Corn on the cob. GUYS. Corn on the cob may very well be my favorite part of the summer. Is there anything better than munching on that sweet, juicy yellow cob? I love mine coated with smoked paprika. I’m extremely confident in the fact that it’s THE BEST way to enjoy corn. Ahh.
I’m genuinely excited about the next couple of recipes I’m going to share with you here on Fooduzzi. I’ve been diligently trying to spit out some quality summer recipes for ya, and I really think I have some winners heading your way. To keep you well fed until then, please turn your attention to this glorious summer recipe roundup, complete with some of my favorite whole food dishes from around the interwebs this week.
- So, I think my favorite find this week was this risotto. Had I not gone on about how much I love corn on the cob in my intro, I would write paragraphs, sonnets, and/or short stories on how much I love risotto. Especially when it’s green and fresh and pretty.
- I have a vegetable ceviche recipe idea floating around in my noggin, and I think I’m definitely going to pull some ideas from this recipe. Complete with cauliflower rice pilaf. Seriously?!
- When I moved into my new apartment, my grandparents gave me a slow cooker. I’m super excited to break into it with these black beans.
- I’ve written about my adoration of Mexican food so many times on Fooduzzi (check back on Monday for a super special Mexican appetizer recipe!). For how many tacos I eat in a
monthweek, I think I should be making my own corn tortillas by now.
- Ready for a flavor explosion? The dressing, man. It’s such a crazy wonderful idea.
- How many cans of chickpeas do you have in your pantry right now? 2? 4? 10? Why don’t you try some of these unique chickpea dinner preparations the next time you get an urge to crack open a can?
- I hated peas as a kid. It’s amazing how quickly they’ve become one of my favorite vegetables. I especially love them in an ultra-creamy pea soup. But this version? Yeah, it’s totally dairy-free. Score.
- If the words “curry,” “lentils,” “sweet potato,” and “avocado” sound particularly delicious to you at the moment (and seriously, how could they not?), have I got the recipe for you.
- Let’s have a movie night! I’ll bring this ridiculous caramel corn!
- If you’re new around here: A.) Welcome. I love you, and I’m so excited you’re here. B.) You should know I have an addiction to peanut butter. Especially when it comes in forms like this.
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!