I hope you’re having a fab week. I had tacos last night, so that automatically makes this one of the best weeks ever.
I want to let you in on a not-so-secret secret: Mark is pretty much a genius. He thought up this INCREDIBLE summer salad last week. It required a few simple ingredients, but it utilized some of the best texture, flavor, and color combinations I could ever imagine in a salad. We bought the ingredients. We prepped the ingredients. We threw the salads together. We had a picnic on the floor in our apartment. And it was amazing.
Keep your eyes peeled: you shall be seeing “Mark’s Salad” this week. ;)
Until then, allow me to tempt you with some ridiculously fabulous salads in this summer salad recipe roundup! I don’t know about you, but I adore salads. They’re simple, they’re full of healthy ingredients, and they’re so much fun to customize and build! AND summer is the perfect opportunity to get those creative juices flowing and use up some of that colorful and fresh produce! Be sure to check out these recipes, and don’t forget to pin the image below for salad recipe inspiration all summer long!
- I need to befriend some eggplant lovers. My entire family hates the stuff, but I can’t get enough this time of year. Any eggplant fans want to split this glorious Roasted Eggplant & Burst Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Salad with me? I’m cookin’.
- I see the word “burrata,” and I instantly go weak at the knees. For those of you who don’t know, burrata is the ultimate cheese; it’s made up of a simple mixture of mozzarella and cream (!!!). For those of you thinking “heck yes” over this dairy masterpiece, why don’t you try this gorgeous Burrata and Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad?
- If you’re a sucker for color, I’ve got you covered. Starring one of my favorite root vegetables, my artistic Beet Carpaccio is a simple appetizer full of flavor and vivid summer color (pictured above).
- Everything about this stunning Charred Broccoli and Lentil Salad is perfect. Coming from someone who eats smoked paprika at nearly every meal, the smoky tahini dressing…it just gets me.
- Adding lemon and almonds to anything is always a good idea. This delightful Roasted Broccoli Salad with Lemons and Almonds knows what’s up.
- Want to try something a little funky? One of my all-time favorite Fooduzzi recipes is my beautiful Almond Butter Beet Salad.It uses almond butter as a unique flavor and texture addition that will make you go absolutely bonkers (pictured above).
- Pasta salad counts, right? Adding a bunch of deliciously charred grilled veggies is a great way to add a nutrient boost to this otherwise heavy picnic staple! This charming Grilled Ratatouille Pasta Salad is a fantastic use of all the vegetables summer has to offer.
- While my nutrient-packed Green Machine Power Plate is a bit unconventional by way of the definition of a true “salad,” the perfectly plump lentils and crispy kale chips make it a summer favorite in the Fooduzzi house (pictured above)!
- Funny story: one time, Mark and I went out to eat and paid $8 for EIGHT measly spears of roasted asparagus as an appetizer. Save some money and make this scrumptious Balsamic Roasted Asparagus Salad yourself. And pronto.
- My festive Super Bowl Salad would be the perfect addition to your 4th of July picnic plans! Featuring healthy red, white, and blue ingredients, no one will be able to pass up this beauty on a picnic spread! Pro-tip: make it even more summer-friendly by grilling the vegetables instead of roasting them (pictured above).
What summer salads are your favs? I’ll be pinning others like crazy this season, so be sure to follow along for some healthy salad inspo!
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Get updates on my blog!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!