When it’s summer, frozen desserts are where it’s at.
I don’t want to go heat up the oven, stir, sift, mix, and wait for a molten-hot dessert to be coming my way. I want something that will cool me down. Something that will freeze my brain. Something that will melt in my mouth. Something now.
Guys, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites are that something.
One of my all-time favorite Fooduzzi recipes is my tried and true Frozen Banana Bites. In a way, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites are similar: they start off with a sweet frozen banana and are covered in my snappy refined sugar-free chocolate. BUT, dear readers, these banana bites are elevated in the most perfect way possible: by the addition of peanut butter.
Ya’ll know that I am a peanut butter fiend. I just hosted a Chocolate Peanut Butter Week on Fooduzzi. Some of my favorite recipes include that rich, sticky spread we all know and love as
lifeblood peanut butter. As a self-proclaimed peanut butter addict, I love trying to add peanut butter to pretty much everything I eat (like my favorite dinner ever). As it turns out, the addition of peanut butter to my beloved Frozen Banana Bites might have been the best decision I’ve made all week. And now you can reap the benefits!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites are a huge crowd-pleaser, and they honestly could not be more simple to make. That being said, get those kiddos in the kitchen to help you make these – they’re gonna love the crap outta them. Heck, the kid in all of us are gonna love the crap outta this simple, refreshing dessert! Try ’em today; they may just become your new go-to summer treat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
|Prep:||Yield: serves 5||Total:|
Five minutes stands between you and these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites. They're a simple summer dessert favorite!
- 1 large yellow banana
- 2 and 1/2 tsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- splash pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt (optional)
- Line a plate with wax or parchment paper. Slice the banana into 10 equal pieces/coins and place on the lined plate. Dollop about 1/2 tsp. of peanut butter on half of the banana coins. Place plate in the freezer for about 10 minutes so that the peanut butter starts to set. Top the peanut butter-topped coins with the remaining pieces of banana. Freeze until completely frozen.
- Melt coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl. Add cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and salt, and mix until smooth.
- Remove frozen banana sandwiches from the freezer. Dip each sandwich into your chocolate mixture, turning to coat. Return banana sandwiches to lined plate and place back in the freezer to set. Re-dip banana sandwiches if necessary to evenly coat.
- Store Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites in the freezer. Enjoy!
Stay classy, Internet friends!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!