I know. Another sweet after this incredibly delightful recipe.
Another healthy, nutrient-packed, refined sugar-free treat just waiting to be welcomed into your kitchen.
All I have to say is…Sorry? How dare I?
Guys. This Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough is life-changing.
You know when you’ve had a rough day, and nothing will comfort you except for something sinfully delicious? Meet that something!
You know when you’re making cookies, and you want to dive face-first into the bowl of cookie dough but realize that raw eggs and your stomach shouldn’t mix? Meet the incredible edible alternative!
You know when you’re reaching for that pint of cookie dough ice cream and suddenly remember your gluten-sensitive stomach? Meet the gluten free option!
This cookie dough is so authentic, you’d never know it was gluten free and vegan, let alone healthy and made with whole foods. Mark and I had eaten nearly the entire batch…before I was done photographing them. They’re. Perfect. And I just know you’ll think so, too!
This Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough is unique from similar recipes for a few distinct reasons:
- It’s entirely refined sugar-free: Yep, even those chocolate chunks! How? We MAKE ’em! I’m bringing back my tried and true homemade chocolate recipe to deliver the easiest, most delicious 3-ingredient chocolate chips you will ever make.
- It’s made from whole foods: Yes, you can make gluten free vegan cookie dough with all-purpose gluten free flour, some oil, and some refined sugar, and call it a day. But my recipe is made strictly from whole foods, aka. foods that some straight from the earth with minimal processing! We’re relying on almond and coconut flour here to give this cookie dough an addictive chewiness and coconut oil and almond butter to give it some richness. Add a little maple syrup for sweetness, and you’re well on your way to cookie dough euphoria.
- Its texture is on-point: The best part about this cookie dough is the texture. I know the word grainy probably isn’t the most attractive culinary adjective, but hear me out. When you dig your spoon down into that gallon of frozen cookie dough, what’s the first texture that comes to mind? Yes. Grainy. Grainy from the flour, grainy from the sugar…it’s the stereotypical texture of a spoonful of happiness. That’s exactly what you’re getting here. It doesn’t “taste gluten free” or “taste vegan.” They’re not made with beans or avocado; you’re getting real cookie dough…sans all that refined crap.
Yeahhhh….this Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough just needs to happen. Run to your kitchen, call up some friends, and start this cookie dough party pronto. I’m so there.Print
Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- splash vanilla extract
- pinch salt (optional)
- Make the chocolate chips: Add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, about 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and add cocoa and 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- Pour onto a flat sheet of parchment paper, and stick in the freezer to set.
- Make the cookie dough: Add almond flour and coconut flour to a small bowl, and mix to combine.
- Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and melt. Add almond butter, remaining 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix to combine. Add the salt here, if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix well until combined. Stick in the fridge for about 20 minutes to cool.
- Remove chocolate from the freezer and cookie dough from the fridge. Break chocolate into small chunks*, and gently fold into the cookie dough. Roll cookie dough into balls, or eat straight from the bowl. No judgement.
*You probably won’t use all of the chocolate chunks in your cookie dough. That just means more refined sugar-free chocolate for snacking. You’re welcome. ;)
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!