Ahh, Saturday morning.
Saturday morning is easily my favorite time of the week.
Waking up sans alarm clock, laying in bed until you decide to get up, lazily making a morning cup of tea…Saturday mornings are perfect.
My favorite part? Breakfast.
Not only am I totally convinced that breakfast food as a whole is completely unparalleled in the culinary world, but being able to take my time, sit down, and enjoy the start to my day with my incredible boyfriend?
I’m forever thankful for Saturday mornings.
Workday mornings, on the other hand…yeah, my workday mornings are a total hot freakin’ mess.
once twice three times before finally running out of bed, trying to make my hair look presentable, picking out a presentable outfit, throwing together some sort of lunch…I barely have time to breathe, let alone make a nutritionally-balanced breakfast that will keep me focused and energized during my busy days.
I have a feeling I’m not alone when I say that I always need some healthy morning grub #inspo to keep my prep time to a minimum and keep my hunger at bay.
Breakfast-filled Alexa = Happy Alexa.
Hello, Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes. All of these recipes have been carefully chosen to be simple to prepare, easy to transport, and, most importantly, completely satisfying to fuel your busy day. I know I’m never able to eat breakfast at home during the week, so recipes that I can quickly throw in a to-go container make my morning routine that much easier. Healthy, easy, quick, delicious…what more could you want in a busy morning breakfast?
- Yes, this Banana Bread Oatmeal was the first recipe I ever posted on Fooduzzi; however, to this day, it remains one of my favorite breakfasts of all-time. Cozy, dessert-esque oats will always get me out of bed on time.
- I’m a sucker for a delicious, moist muffin. These Banana Nut Muffins are…wait for it…gluten free and vegan, and they’re even better the next day! Whip up a batch on Sunday, and you’ll be in Muffin Paradise all week long.
- Mornings are a bit more tolerable when chocolate is involved, don’t you think? Jessica’s Whipped Double Chocolate Chip Chia Pudding is speaking my language…the language of freakin’ delicious breakfasts.
- I realize that Girl Scout Cookie season is still a while a way…but why wait? My Samoa Overnight Oatmeal recipe will satisfy your cravings for that caramely-coconutty goodness all day, every day. Best part? This breakfast is ready for you the moment you wake up in the morning. And perfectly packaged for transporting, to boot! Ahh, simplicity.
- Sarah’s Life-Changing Bread is just that; gluten free, vegan, and the perfect base to concoct your ideal on-the-go toast. Nut butter, jam, hummus, mashed avocado…oh, the possibilities!
- Granola is a staple in our house, and for good reason! It’s nutrient-dense breakfast choice, which keeps my hangryism to a minimum as I try and concur my day. If you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients, you really can’t go wrong with my Banana Bread Granola. If you make a batch (or two) over the weekend, you’ll just need to take a small container of milk on your commute to create your comforting bowl of crunchy goodness.
- Who knew dinner leftovers could turn into a fast and delicious on-the-go breakfast? I bet that Liz’s Cilantro-Lime Quinoa Bowl would even be scrumptious cold.
- While I’m definitely looking for something with some nutritional benefits to fill me up in the AM, I still want it to be utterly delicious and melt-in-your-mouth tender; with Erin’s Paleo Blueberry Scones, it looks like I can have my scones and eat them, too!
- Smoothies are a great and convenient choice for everyone, especially those who don’t like to eat big meals during breakfast time. They’re also a fantastic way of fitting a ton of nutrients into one brightly-colored package. My Heat Beet Smoothie is one of my all-time favs; it’s packed with heart-healthy ingredients to keep that ticker of yours…tickin’.
- This list wouldn’t be complete with uttering the word “pumpkin.” Luckily, Angela has my back with her dense and chewy Pumpkin Gingerbread Snack Bars. What a perfect way to use up some of that homemade pumpkin puree… ;)
What’s your favorite busy morning go-to? Because I am a complete oat-freak, I have to have my daily bowl of oats every single morning. My go-to recipe will be up soon!
Have a glorious weekend, Internet friends! Here’s to busy mornings, delicious breakfasts, and a stress-free you.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!