These cookies were born simply out of a craving. A hardcore cookie craving.
A couple of months ago, Mark turned to me and simply said, “I want a cookie.” And when you say you want food to a food blogger, you’re definitely going to get food.
So, Mark and I instantly headed to the kitchen in search of our perfect cookie ingredients. A little of this, a little of that, and we were greeted with these lovely beauts!
In all honesty, I love hopping in the kitchen with my guy. Whipping up breakfast before we both head out to work, packing a filling lunch, or preparing some deliciousness for dinner, I’m seriously at my happiest when Mark and I are cookin’ it up.
And to say that we created this recipe together makes these cookies all the more special. ?
These Fudge-Dipped Almond Cookies are in my free eCookbook, The Skinny Santa (which you can totally still sign up to get)! They instantly became one of our favorites because of their serious chew-factor and pop of almondy goodness, so I’m SUPER excited to share the recipe with you today! Three cheers for cookie season!
When I say that these are almond cookies, I really mean it! You’re getting all of that wonderful almond flavors from THREE different sources today!:
First, almond flour. You all know I adore this naturally GF flour! I use it in muffins, pie crust, scones, and other cookies because it is just so dang versatile! I love its higher protein and fat content, which gives us flavor and a chewy texture. It was a no-brainer to use it as the base in this recipe because it forms the foundation of that yummy almondy flavor!
Next, almond butter. Any almond butter freaks in the house? I LOVE this stuff! Although it doesn’t happen often, sometimes peanut butter is just too rich, so I gladly substitute it with its almond-based cousin. I used TJ’s creamy salted version because I’m obsessed to the max.
Last up, whole chopped almonds. If you would have told me a couple years ago that I would have voluntarily thrown nuts into a dessert, I would have thought you were completely mad. I used to think that nuts interrupted everything that was good about desserts – chewy, rich, creamy, etc. Now? I can’t get enough! I throw nuts into pretty much anything and everything these days, and I think they’re absolutely necessary here. I mean, c’mon; what’s an almond cookie without almonds?!
Ahh Mark and I are so in love with our little creation here, and we know you’ll love them, too! I know you’re going to go crazy over their chewy texture and nutty flavor. From our little abode to yours, happy baking!Print
Fudge-Dipped Almond Cookies [gluten free, vegan]
- Yield: 1 dozen 1x
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 small handful almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Make the cookies: Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, making sure to remove all clumps.
- In another small bowl, melt 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Add almond butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup, and stir well to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until combined. The dough will be sticky. Add chopped almonds and mix.
- Measure out tablespoon-sized mounds of cookie dough and roll into balls. Stick cookies on the prepared baking sheet, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and flatten them slightly with a measuring cup. Bake 1-2 additional minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack. Cookies will harden slightly as they cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the fudge: Melt 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Add cocoa powder and 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
- Assemble your Fudge-Dipped Almond Cookies: Dip cooled cookies in fudge. Place on cooling rack to set.
Have you tried one of my recipes? Let me see!! Snap a pic, post it to social media, and tag #fooduzzi! I cannot wait to see what you create!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!