[This post is sponsored by my wonderful friends at Bob’s Red Mill! We’re using their Organic Chia Seeds for these Vegan No-Bake Energy Bites.]
A healthy snack that tastes like a cookie, takes literally 5 minutes to make, and perfect for popping during a long, busy day? I’m so in.
So, energy bites. How do we feel about them?
Tbh, I wasn’t a fan up until about a month ago. We bought a bag of energy bites at Costco while we were heading to the beach, and I absolutely loved munching on them throughout the day whenever I needed a snack or whenever I was craving something sweet.
Which is pretty much all the time.
Regardless, energy bites are incredibly easy to make, and they are the perfect thing to keep in the fridge for whenever hangrism rears its ugly head. And while normal energy bites made with dates and nuts are good…
Well, today our energy bites taste like no-bake cookies.
The first step in our no-bake cookie energy bite journey is mixing together the wet and dry ingredients. Super simple. For the wet, we have melted coconut oil, peanut butter, and a weeee little bit of maple syrup. A word of warning: make sure you choose a not-so salty peanut butter. I used TJ’s creamy, and I found that it was a bit too sweet. Kirkland is my fave!
For the dry ingredients: cocoa powder and quick oats. We’ll mix ’em together with the wet ingredients and we’re half way done. Easy peasy, right?
And for the energy: seeds! I love adding seeds to my diet because they’re full of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, and I always have them in the house. Today we’re using ground flax to bind our bites together, and Bob’s Red Mill Organic Chia Seeds for some texture and crunch! Whenever I need seeds, I always reach for BRM. Always always always. The quality, flavor, and all-around awesomeness – ya can’t beat it.
Because summer is coming to an end (?!?), I want to keep my energy at an all-time high to make the most out of these last few glorious sun-filled days.
You betta believe I’ll have these bangin’ energy bites by my side.
Vegan No-Bake Cookie Energy Bites
|Prep:||Yield: 10-12 bites||Total:|
- For the bites:
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- scant 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- For the drizzle:
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- chia seeds and hemp hearts to top
- BITES: In a small pot over medium heat, melt coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, cocoa, and a pinch of salt (optional if peanut butter is unsalted) until one it is one cohesive liquid, not hot. Mix to combine.
- Remove from heat, and add quick oats, chia seeds, and ground flax. Stir to combine.
- Line a plate with parchment paper, and carefully roll your mixture into 10-12 energy bites. If the mixture is too wet, scoop the mixture into mounds on your parchment paper, and let them set up for about 10 minutes in the fridge. Then remove them and roll them into balls.
- TOPPING: Mix peanut butter and coconut oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over cold bites, and sprinkle with chia and/or hemp. Keep your bites in the fridge in an air-tight container.
A special thanks goes to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Check out more delicious healthy recipes, snag coupons, and find stores near you at BobsRedMill.com!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!