Weird recipe alert.
Especially right before the Super Bowl. But there’s a point! And the point is this:
My. Lips. Are. So. Dang. Dry.
Omg. I don’t know if it’s because I spend most of my time inside or what, but man. I feel like this winter has absolutely, totally wrecked my lips.
Luckily, the solution is simple (and, admittedly, delicious).
C’mon. Of course this lip scrub is edible. This is a food blog. And we love food!
3 Ingredient Brown Sugar Lip Scrub. My new fave DIY beauty hack.
Lip scrub is something I would never ever think to buy when I’m out and about. It just seems so fancy and bougie.
But if I can make it at home with three ingredients I always have at home (and I’m suspecting you always have at home), it’s a no-brainer.
Look, I’m not going to try and convince you that I’m a beauty expert. In fact, I’m certainly not a beauty expert.
But when I find an idea that works and makes a noticeable difference in my “winter lips,” I feel the need to share it with you – my Fooduzzi Fam!
The three main ingredients in this lip scrub are:
1. Melted, cooled coconut oil
B. Brown sugar (organic if ya can)
Mix and use! It really is that simple. The brown sugar is a excellent exfoliant, while the coconut oil moisturizes beautifully. And the cinnamon? It just makes it taste and smell good.
And something to note: this DIY lip scrub situation is messy…but effective. You can also use it on your hands / face / arms / legs / etc., but I’d suggest hopping in the shower afterwards or applying it over a dish towel just to catch any drippings.
…okay. Now, can you pinky-promise me you won’t laugh? I’m horrifically awkward in front of a camera. But I felt like I needed to take a picture showing you how effective this lip scrub is on real human lips.
This is me trying to take a selfie with my lip-scrubbed lips. Omg.
See?! So smooth and soft!
And now you’re ready to take all those duck-faced selfies because your lips are now totally duck-faceable! Yay lip scrub!
3 Ingredient Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
|Prep:||Yield: ~1/2 cup||Total:|
A simple DIY lip scrub that works great and tastes delicious! Naturally vegan and gluten free.
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled*
- 3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix all three ingredients together well. Store in an air-tight container.
- To use: scoop some of the lip scrub out of the container with your finger and rub on your lips. You can rub your lips together for extra exfoliant power. I like to let it sit for a minute or so and then rinse off with a warm wash cloth (or, you know, eat it). You can also use it on your hands / face / arms / legs / etc., but I'd suggest hopping in the shower afterwards or applying it over a dish towel just to catch any drippings.
*You want to make sure that your coconut oil is melted but cool so that it won't melt your brown sugar!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!