Weird recipe alert.
Especially right before the Super Bowl. But there’s a point! And the point is this:
My. Lips. Are. So. Dang. Dry.
Omg. I don’t know if it’s because I spend most of my time inside or what, but man. I feel like this winter has absolutely, totally wrecked my lips.
Luckily, the solution is simple (and, admittedly, delicious).
C’mon. Of course this lip scrub is edible. This is a food blog. And we love food!
3 Ingredient Brown Sugar Lip Scrub. My new fave DIY beauty hack.
Lip scrub is something I would never ever think to buy when I’m out and about. It just seems so fancy and bougie.
But if I can make it at home with three ingredients I always have at home (and I’m suspecting you always have at home), it’s a no-brainer.
Look, I’m not going to try and convince you that I’m a beauty expert. In fact, I’m certainly not a beauty expert.
But when I find an idea that works and makes a noticeable difference in my “winter lips,” I feel the need to share it with you – my Fooduzzi Fam!
The three main ingredients in this lip scrub are:
1. Melted, cooled coconut oil
B. Brown sugar (organic if ya can)
Mix and use! It really is that simple. The brown sugar is a excellent exfoliant, while the coconut oil moisturizes beautifully. And the cinnamon? It just makes it taste and smell good.
And something to note: this DIY lip scrub situation is messy…but effective. You can also use it on your hands / face / arms / legs / etc., but I’d suggest hopping in the shower afterwards or applying it over a dish towel just to catch any drippings.
…okay. Now, can you pinky-promise me you won’t laugh? I’m horrifically awkward in front of a camera. But I felt like I needed to take a picture showing you how effective this lip scrub is on real human lips.
This is me trying to take a selfie with my lip-scrubbed lips. Omg.
See?! So smooth and soft!
And now you’re ready to take all those duck-faced selfies because your lips are now totally duck-faceable! Yay lip scrub!
3 Ingredient Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
|Yield: ~1/2 cup
A simple DIY lip scrub that works great and tastes delicious! Naturally vegan and gluten free.
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled*
- 3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. organic brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix all three ingredients together well. Store in an air-tight container.
- To use: scoop some of the lip scrub out of the container with your finger and rub on your lips. You can rub your lips together for extra exfoliant power. I like to let it sit for a minute or so and then rinse off with a warm wash cloth (or, you know, eat it). You can also use it on your hands / face / arms / legs / etc., but I'd suggest hopping in the shower afterwards or applying it over a dish towel just to catch any drippings.
*You want to make sure that your coconut oil is melted but cool so that it won't melt your brown sugar!