Yep. I’m actually sharing a recipe for chocolate-covered pretzels with you today.
You know that recipe that’s not really a recipe because the only two ingredients you actually need are already in the name?
That’s the one!
Tbh, I shot these photos more as a test in our new place. We moved a few weeks ago, and I wanted to experiment with my new lighting set-up.
While it isn’t perfect (yet! we’ll get there), these chocolate-covered pretzels were too good not to share.
I love me a chocolate-covered pretzel. So much. That crunchy-salty-sweet combo is just…one of my very favorite things.
And they’re so easy. Make a big batch and stick them in a bag in the fridge, and you’ll have a sweet snack ready whenever you start craving a treat.
We’re making them three ways today, and of course, you don’t need to be this “extra.” Make one! Make two!
Be your own vegan chocolate-covered pretzel muse.
Our “three ways” are as follows:
- Chocolate Sprinkle: A classic! I found my colored sprinkles at Whole Foods, and then then I mixed in some “pearl” sprinkles I had leftover from the wedding cake I made last year. So cute!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: My fave! You mix your favorite peanut butter with a little coconut oil so it firms up a bit (but not too much!), drizzle with chocolate, and top with chopped salted peanuts. Love.
- Coconut: A wildcard! And technically not even chocolate. I used some melted coconut butter and shredded coconut. A strange, weirdly addictive combo!
Is this a ridiculous, way-too-simple recipe to post on the internet? Perhaps.
But if anything, I hope this post inspires you to make loads and loads of chocolate-covered pretzels this summer. I’ve never regretted giving into my ccp cravings. Never ever, not even once.Print
Vegan Chocolate-Covered Pretzels (3 Ways!)
Salty meets sweet in these can’t-eat-just-one treats! Make them the classic way or jazz them up with sprinkles, coconut, and peanut butter!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 24 pretzels 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 24 of your favorite pretzel sticks (thicker is typically better, but you do you)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- vegan sprinkles
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- melted vegan chocolate chips
- a few Tbsp. chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter (also called coconut manna)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- CHOCOLATE SPRINKLE: Melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave (30-second increments, stirring between each). Stir well.
- Dip 8 of your pretzel sticks 3/4 way down into the chocolate. Shake and scrape the excess off the side of the bowl as to not develop a pool of chocolate. Place on the parchment paper and top with sprinkles. Place in the fridge to set completely.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER: Melt your peanut butter and coconut oil together in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Dip 8 of your pretzel sticks 3/4 the way down into the peanut butter mixture. Shake and scrape the excess off the side of the bowl as to not develop a pool of peanut butter. Place in the fridge to set (it won’t set completely, but it will firm up a bit in about 30 minutes).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with chopped peanuts. Place in the fridge to set again and enjoy.
- COCONUT: Melt your coconut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Dip 8 of your pretzel sticks 3/4 the way down into the melted coconut butter. Shake and scrape the excess off the side of the bowl as to not develop a pool of coconut butter (that said, my coconut butter was pretty drippy, so pools were inevitable — nothing that a sharp knife can’t fix when chilled!). Place in the fridge to set, about 30 minutes.
- Double- or triple-coat your pretzels with the coconut butter, chilling between each. When you’re dipping your pretzels for the final time, sprinkle with your shredded coconut. Place in the fridge to chill completely.
Keywords: coconut butter, chocolate peanut butter pretzels, coconut pretzels, chocolate pretzels
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!