There are some affiliate links in this post! They’re denoted with an asterisk (*). If you purchase something using an affiliate link, I’ll get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Fooduzzi!
These are the best cookies I’ve ever made.
I honestly think that is the case. These cookies… I just can’t quit them!
I have many cookie recipes on this site. Cookies are my love language. Getting them, making them, eating them.
Can cookies be a hobby? If so, it’s my favorite hobby.
But even though I love cookies, I don’t always need a batch of 10 or 12 or more sitting around just for me. Sometimes I want cookies without needing to eat cookies for three weeks straight, you know?
That’s why I love this small-batch recipe. Not only are they crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, there’s only four of them. Perfect to have as a little treat throughout the week without making you feel like you need to eat four cookies a day so you can consume them before they go stale.
Not only are these some of the most delicious cookies I’ve ever had, they also only require one bowl! And minimal chilling! And they don’t require any hard-to-get ingredients!
Your Ingredient Lineup
You’ll need your regular cookie cast of characters: vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla, plant milk, salt, flour, baking soda, chocolate chips. That’s it. You probably even have all of those ingredients in your house right this very second.
And if that’s the case, there are about 30 minutes that stand between you and four freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies.
I also highly recommend sticking with the weight measurements when you bake these cookies since it’s small-batch and there’s less room for error. A kitchen scale (like this!*) is about $10 and it makes baking so much more accurate. It also cuts down on the amount of dirty dishes by a lot since you don’t need to use a bunch of different measuring cups! Win-win.
My very favorite way to enjoy cookies is straight from the fridge. Yes, a gooey warm cookie is a heavenly experience, but for an everyday cookie experience, cold from the fridge is where it’s at. The edges stay crunchy and the middles are so chewy, almost cookie dough-like!
Regardless of how you like to enjoy your chocolate chip cookies, show yourself a lil self-love and bake some cookies for little ol’ you.Print
One Bowl Small-Batch Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Emergency small-batch vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe to the rescue! Crispy edges, gooey centers, and ready in 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 42 grams (3 tablespoons) vegan butter, melted
- 50 grams (about 1/4 cup packed) brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened plant milk
- splash vanilla extract
- 56 grams (about 1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 90 grams (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) chocolate chips (+ more for topping if desired)
- optional: flaky salt for topping
- Add your vegan butter to a heat-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Add your brown sugar, plant milk, and vanilla, and whisk well to combine.
- Switching to a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, add your flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until nearly combined, then add your chocolate chips and mix.
- Place the bowl in your fridge while you preheat your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (I highly recommend an oven thermometer* here!).
- When your oven is preheated, divide your dough into four equal sections. Roll your dough (it’ll be slightly sticky, so do the best you can) into balls and place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, feel free to press some extra chocolate chips and/or flaky salt into the tops for looks.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge (my fave!) or on the counter.
Keywords: small batch vegan cookies, one-bowl chocolate chip cookies
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!