Hi! Happy 4th of July!
I’m going to keep this Stupid Awesome Saturday recipe roundup nice-n-short due to the fact that I want to be spending time with my friends and family on this joyous, food-filled holiday. Because, seriously, is there anything better?
Even though the 4th of July is somewhat of a tradition (ha), we don’t really have a plan of attack for the foodage that will be served at our picnic. This is why, dear reader, I have assembled this ultimate list of last minute 4th of July recipes for the classic procrastinator. Because sometimes, we just don’t have our you-know-what together enough to put together a meal worthy of such a joyous occasion. All of these recipes require minimal prep-time, giving you ample time to relax, spend time with loved ones, and indulge in your flavorful festive food.
- No 4th of July celebration is complete without the consumption of watermelon. I’m totally obsessed with these wonderful Watermelon, Feta, and Balsamic “Pizzas,” and I warrant your guests will be, too.
- If those pizzas don’t tickle your fancy, perhaps these delightful Watermelon Donuts are more your speed. They’re seriously as cute as a corgi.
- My sensational Super Bowl would make a fresh and simple salad addition to your picnic spread. Pro tip: make it even more red-white-&-blue-friendly by swapping the roasted broccoli for roasted cauliflower! (pictured above)
- No cook-out is complete without french fries. And, in my humble opinion, a fry is not worth eating unless it is as thin as possible. These outrageous Oven Baked Basil Parmesan Shoestring Fries are what fry dreams are made of.
- And, if you’re anything like me, you’ll need a dip. For everything. My creamy Ultimate Vegan Dipping Sauce will dutifully fulfill all of your dippage needs. (pictured above)
- Is it really a picnic without pasta salad? I think not! Thank goodness this delicious Balsamic Veggie Pasta Salad is coming to your rescue.
- If you’re feeling a little bit ambitious, make your own chips! These tasty Baked Chili Cheese Fritos look just as authentic as the real thing.
- What’s a celebration without dessert? If you triple my simple Strawberry Banana Sorbet recipe (make one with strawberries, make one with blueberries, and keep one plain) you’ll have the perfect three-ingredient red-white-&-blue dessert on your hands! (pictured above)
- Here I am with these tarts again. I seriously can’t quit my addiction to them; they’re just so dang beautiful! Serve this festive Raspberry & Blueberry Tart to your guests, and you’re bound to be their new favorite host/hostess.
- Speaking of adding a festive twist with seasonal berries, my delectable Vegan Marshmallow Dessert Cups are quick, simple, and a huge crowd-pleaser! And they require a secret ingredient that I know you have hiding in your pantry! (pictured above)
Stay classy, Internet friends! Have a very happy (& safe) 4th of July!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!