No matter how wonderful your weekend was, no matter how relaxed you felt, no matter how much you wish it were longer, Monday always comes. In full force.
Consider this recipe your Monday coping mechanism.
I think I have a problem with the sugar. Fudge is almost always much too sweet for how the dessert should be:
- Fudge should be delectable and luscious.
- Fudge should melt-in-your-mouth on contact.
- Fudge should be savored and relished.
- Fudge is an indulgence.
When too much sugar gets thrown into the mix, I feel like fudge looses some of that fudge charm. That richness that stays with you, lingering in your mouth. That utter decadence. It’s all lost in a cup (or two…or three) of sugar.
This 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is the recipe for those who want to return fudge to it’s former succulent glory. For those who want fudge to focus on richness and flavor, rather than a sweetness that hurts your molars and leaves you jittery all day long.
In other words: this fudge is serious business.
It’s basically like taking a bite of the richest peanut butter you’ve ever had. It smacks you in the face with that addictively intense PB flavor while allowing you to savor each bite as it literally melts on your tongue.
We’re cutting way back on the sugar (only 2 Tbsp. of maple syrup!), seriously amping up the flavor and richness, and concocting this fudge with 3 healthy ingredients. Not bad for a Monday.
Because this recipe requires only 3 ingredients, each and every one is used for a specific purpose. While you can swap out the peanut butter for the same amount of your favorite nut or seed butter, I definitely wouldn’t suggest subbing out the coconut butter. If you’re unfamiliar with this creamy, dreamy spread, I apologize…because you’re totally going to be obsessed with the stuff after just one bite. First of all, coconut butter is not coconut oil; while coconut oil consists only of the oils extracted from a coconut, coconut butter results from blending the coconut flesh until a thick, velvety spread is formed. Think of coconut butter as an equivalent to peanut butter. It’s freakin’ delicious, ridiculously rich, and I couldn’t imagine my kitchen without it.
The quality of your ingredients matters, too. Be sure you’re using pure maple syrup. Because we’re using so little of this refined sugar-free sweetener, let’s make sure it’s the best you can find! The same goes with your peanut butter ingredients; only peanuts and salt, please! Believe me, your tastebuds with thank you. Immensely. Because this 3-ingredient peanut butter fudge is perfect.
3 ingredients. Less than 5 minutes. An abundance of creamy, addictive, peanut butter fudge. So go on! Indulge in the Monday madness! With this 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge by your side, you’re bound to have glorious start to your week!Print
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- pinch salt (optional, if peanut butter is salt-free)
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until combined. The mixture will start to seize slightly, but that’s OK.
- Pour mixture into a small dish or bowl – I used a small Tupperware container – , and smooth the top with a spatula. Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Once set, remove the fudge from the fridge. Allow it to sit for a 10-15 minutes at room temperature, then cut with a knife (serrated works great!). Store extra in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You can eat the fudge straight from the fridge, or set it out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes so that it’s a little chewier.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!