Howdy! I’m coming at you from the great state of Texas yet again.
Travel has been hard. Granted, I’ve only been at this for two weeks in a row. But being away from the comfort of my own bed, kitchen, and boyfriend has really taken its toll.
It’s incredible the simple things I take for granted, like being able to make tea whenever I want. Sleeping on the best pillow in the entire world. Having my boyfriend wrap his arms around me after a particularly rough day.
You know what else has been difficult? Eating. In the land of all-things beef. And BBQ.
There literally are no restaurants around me that are conducive to my eating style. There’s a Jack-in-the-Box and a Taco Bell across the street. Not much else. I kid you not.
Another thing I take for granted? The Aldi right across the street. Oh, and my fridge. My sweet, sweet fridge.
When life starts going a little wacky, one of the last things on my mind is what I’m thankful for. It’s SO counter-intuitive; when my life seems crazy out-of-control, I should be grounding myself in the things I love most. The things I can always count on to cheer me up or to help me realize just how lucky I am.
As the holiday season grows closer, I find my stress at new highs. Gift-buying, special post-planning, keeping up with a whole foods diet-ing…the holiday stress is real. During the holidays, I definitely lose sight of what’s important in life. I get so lost in the hustle and bustle and holiday “cheer,” that I actually forget to give thanks for all of the good in my life.
This is why I decided to change it up this Thursday and make a list of 50 things I’m thankful for at this very moment. I hope that it can encourage you to make a list of your own. Feeling zany? Leave a few in the comments! I’d love to bounce some ideas off of each other and add to my list. You can never be thankful for too many things!
1. Mark: one of my biggest supporters
2. my wonderful parents: my other biggest supporters
3. my crazy-awesome brother: my partner in crime
4. my grandparents: so loving and encouraging
5. Mark’s parents: the best welcoming, apple-giving folks around
6. pumpkin season: because Pumpkin Peanut Butter Truffles
7. apple season: because Apple Pie Stuffed Apples
8. cinnamon season: because Gluten Free Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
9. fall trees: because it really fall without going breathless over the beauty of a bright red tree?
10. cooler weather: there’s literally nothing better because of…
11. sweaters: duh
12. boots: my love
13. scarves: yes, please
14. relationships with awesome people: aka. one of the best days of my life
15. grocery stores: is anyone else a closet grocery shopping-lover?
16. farmers’ markets: give me all the honeycrisps
17. peanut butter: because 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
18. planes: because…
19. I’m going home today: !!!
20. I’m spending the weekend with my incredible boyfriend: by going hiking, celebrating an anniversary, and all-around enjoying fall
21. oatmeal: because nothing makes a tastier breakfast on a cool morning
22. carrots + hummus: if you read the intro on this post, you’ll understand why this was my dinner every night this week
23. La Croix water: I could live off of this stuff alone
24. smiles: because my day instantly gets better when I see someone smiling
25. cuddling during cool nights: THE BEST
26. wine: it’s Thursday. Enough said
27. mojitos: see above
28. Game of Thrones: aka. the best show on television
29. good music + Pandora: I’m thoroughly obsessed with the “Fitz and the Tantrums” station
30. gluten free beer: Redbridge is DELICIOUS
31. bonfires: is there anything better than the smell of a bonfire?!
32. Thai peanut sauce: because I could drink it with a straw
33. my apartment: hello, adulthood
34. texts like this: #swoon
35. my health: all of those apples are paying off! ;)
36. trust: sososo important
37. my bed: aka. my happy place
38. my phone/computer/electronic devices: I wouldn’t even know how to function without these
39. FaceTime: I’m able to talk to Mark face-to-face every single day that I’m away
40. kitten faces: because this makes me all kinds of happy
41. love: <3
42. comforting fall candles: we have a slight obsession with these in our apartment
43. inside jokes: the best kinds of jokes
44. graduating and my degree: one of the proudest days of my life
45. blogging opportunities: I’ve met so many awesome people through this little hobby of mine
46. Netflix: because we all need some down time every now and again
47. cozy blankets: ahh pure happiness
48. I’m not the person I was four years ago: lotsa self-development goin’ on over here!
49. Fooduzzi: the best thing I’ve ever done for myself
50. you: thank you, dear readers, for supporting my dreams. I lovelovelove you
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!