Say hello to my new favorite way to vegetable!
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
These. Brussels Sprouts. Are. Insane.
You know, middle school and high school me would be looking at now me, thinking I’m absolutely crazy fan-girling over brussels sprouts. But honestly, I don’t even think I had a brussels sprout until college. My parents didn’t like brussels sprouts growing up (they were used to the grey boiled variety), so we just never had them when I was wee.
Fast forward to that fateful day where we decided to roast brussels…my life will never be the same.
Look, I know we’ve been talking about roasted vegetables quite a bit lately. But there has never been a time more perfect to get out those baking sheets and turn that oven on. Roasted vegetables will always be my favorite kind of vegetables, and I cannot
If you don’t like brussels sprouts, I’m going to go out on a limb and bet that you just think you don’t like them because you’ve never tried them roasted. They turn into a completely new vegetable when you pop them in the oven for a few minutes. Pinky promise.
And when you pair them with a sriracha almond butter sauce? Just…YES.
So, this recipe is like…stupidly easy. But it’s worth posting because I believe you need it in your life.
Step 1: Roast the brussels sprouts. You’ll pop them on a baking sheet, toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and wait until they get all caramelized and wonderful. Simple simple.
Step B. Make the dressing. Which requires three whole ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, and sriracha. It’s slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and totally addictive. Currently looking for more ways to use this sauce in my life, if anyone has any other suggestions.
Step III: Drench your perfectly roasted brussels sprouts in your sriracha almond butter sauce. Top with pretty sesame seed sprinkles if desired.
See?! So easy. But oh-so necessary.
AND! In just 20 minutes, you will be in brussels sprout bliss.
The sauce! The roasted brussels! The sesame seed sprinkles! I’m just so in love with this ALL, and I know you’ll love it too. Enjoy, friends!
Sriracha Almond Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts
|Yield: serves 2-3
The most addictive brussels sprouts you'll ever have! Easy roasted brussels sprouts are topped with a 3-ingredient sriracha almond butter sauce in this vegan and gluten free side!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1+ Tbsp. Sriracha
- unsweetened almond milk to thin, if needed
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Pour your cleaned and sliced brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast for 18-25 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Add almond butter, maple syrup, and 1 Tbsp. Sriracha to a small bowl, and mix to combine. The sauce should be thin enough to drizzle, but not watery. Add almond milk to thin, 1 tsp. at a time, if necessary. Set aside.
- When the brussels sprouts are roasted, carefully scoop them into a bowl and top with sauce and sesame seeds. You can also toss your brussels in the sauce so that they're completely covered with the sauce. Serve with leftover sauce on the side for dipping.