Hello! Happy happy Monday to ya.
How was your weekend? Mine was fab.
After an insane week last week (and that’s putting it lightly), it was so so nice to have a weekend and relax. We spent the day with Mark’s parents in the city on Saturday, seeing and eating all the things. And Sunday was the perfect day of chilling and relaxation.
This weekend was such a perfect time to just…recoup. I was definitely feeling the stress from everything by the end of the week last week, but taking two days just to enjoy was definitely needed and exceptionally wonderful.
Plus, there was Mexican food involved, which is always a plus.
So let’s talk tofu quinoa taco meat.
I was planning our dinners out for the week last week, and Mark suggested we make taco salads.
Perfect. I love taco salads.
But then he said, “Oh, and can you make that tofu quinoa stuff again? I really liked it.”
He really liked it.
But seriously. It’s so simple, I wouldn’t mind making it every day for him.
You take some quinoa. You take some tofu. Add seasoning. Sauté until slightly crispy. Devour in taco, burrito, quesadilla, enchilada, nacho, or salad form.
It’s delightful. Slightly crunchy from the quinoa, slightly chewy from the tofu. All-together perfect as a vegan taco meat option. Plus! It’s a nut-free version of our other fave: lentil pecan taco meat.
If you’re looking for more ways to use up this vegan taco meat, hang tight. One of my new favorite taco recipes, PLUS the most addictive slaw eeeever (ahem..⬆️), is coming later this week!
Vegan Tofu Quinoa Taco Meat
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 3-4 people||Total:|
A vegan taco meat replacement! It's naturally gluten free and is ready in about 10 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 block firm tofu, crumbled into small pieces (see photo)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt + pepper
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add quinoa and tofu, and mix to combine. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic, paprika, and salt + pepper, and mix to combine.
- Allow mixture to cook until slightly caramelized, 5-7 minute. Be careful the mixture doesn't burn. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!