To my Valentine:
Will you please split this giant, humungo cookie with me?
Hungry for Chocolate
I mean, can Valentine’s Day really get any better than this?
Mark and I celebrated Valentine’s Day over the weekend, and it seriously was one of the best weekends ever. We had some freakishly warm weather on Saturday, so we went hiking, then we headed to a local juice shop and Trader Joe’s. After all of that, we had a delicious dinner, played a game, and sipped on some wine.
Then on Sunday, we had a lazy morning, followed by some maximum chill time and tacos. It was the best best best.
I’m really lucky to have Mark as my main squeeze. Without getting too mushy gushy, he’s one of the best things to have ever happened to me, so I am beyond happy to be able to spend yet another with this stud. ?
Especially when a cookie the size of my freakin’ head is involved.
This giant vegan chocolate chip cookie is…perfect. So dang perfect.
The recipe yields just one cookie. What you do with said cookie is up to you. Split it with a loved one or hoard it for yourself. I have done both and was ridiculously happy with my decision both times.
The cookie was adapted from these babies, which have been insanely popular on Pinterest lately. They’re one of my favorite recipes on the blog, and you all seem to love them too (yay!). So that’s why I figured a giant version would be just as delicious. Spoiler alert: it is.
Almond flour, coconut flour, nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and chocolate <– that’s all you’ll need to be taken to giant vegan cookie euphoria! I love that this recipe uses whole foods, but that the end result is crazy indulgent and decadent.
This cookie is slightly crispy around the edges, yet soft and chewy in the center. Plus, if you eat it while it’s still warm, that chocolate will be melty and gooey and Valentine’s Day-ready.
I hope you & your Valentine enjoy this giant cookie! And if you’re ridin’ solo this year, there’s absolutely no shame in indulging in the whole thing yourself.
Valentine’s Day is all about showing love. And it doesn’t get more loving than baking a sweet treat for a loved one. Especially if that loved one is y-o-u.
Enjoy, friends! And have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! ❤️
Giant Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie for Two
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 1-2 people||Total:|
A soft and chewy cookie perfectly portioned for two! Naturally vegan and gluten free, and ready to eat in just about 20 minutes!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- splash vanilla
- 1 - 1 and 1/2 oz. vegan dark chocolate, chopped*
- for topping: coarse salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, baking soda, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and mix until almost combined. Add your chopped chocolate (reserve a few chunks for the top if desired), and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Shape dough into a flat circle directly on your baking sheet. Press your reserved chocolate on top for looks if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then let your cookie rest for 8-10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Pop the cookie into the fridge for faster cooling.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep it wrapped in the fridge overnight.
*You can use a handful of chocolate chips instead of the chopped chocolate if you (and your bae) so desire.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!