PHEW. And just like that, the weekend came and went.
How was your Father’s Day Weekend, friends? As crazy and fun as mine?
It was spent outside, on a golf course, eating lots of food, drinking all the things, and spending time with family. A very successful summer weekend if I do say so myself.
I know my posting has been a bit…sporadic lately. Maybe you haven’t noticed :)
If you have though, know that we will get back to normal. Pinky promise. To be honest, work has been busy and exciting and wonderful and awesome, and I’ve loved every crazy second of it lately. And…
It’s summer. I’m really enjoying taking time to enjoy it. I’m usually one of those all work and no play kind of people, but I made a little personal goal to…live a little this summer. Do things I wouldn’t normally do. Do things I’m a bit uncomfortable doing.
Letting loose and enjoying the summer sans a ton of work is totally out of my comfort zone, but I’m doing it and it has been awesome thus far. But that’s why my posts have been a bit spotty lately!
Okay, personal stuff over. Delicious dip situation starting in 5…4…3…2..
I took this stuff over to my parents’ house, and we ate the whole thing in about…5 minutes. Yeah. That happened.
It’s SO good. And it is perfect for summer. Corn is like, my main squeeze during the summer months. Add it into a crazy creamy and delectable dip? I’m done.
If you’re unfamiliar with Elote, it’s a delightful Mexican street corn experience. Mayo, sour cream, cheese, spices, herbs, grilled corn…how could it not be good?!
But today, friends, we’re turning it into a dip. And we’re making it 100% vegan.
As the base? Hummus. Are you surprised? Probz not. But I really do love using it as a creamy vegan dip base! It takes on the flavor of pretty much anything you add to it, and it’s an absolute staple in my kitchen.
Then we’ll add some elote-inspired ingredients to the mix. Cayenne! Cilantro! Lime! And a few other creative licenses like green onion…
Guys. It’s like summer in dip form. Totally starting the Elote Corn Dip Fan Club over here.
I hope you have a chance to try this dip out during your summer festivities!
Whether it be for a picnic, a party, or just a normal Tuesday night, I know this dip is totally gonna hit the spot. Enjoy!
Vegan Elote Corn Dip
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 4-6 people||Total:|
A quick and easy vegan dip perfect for summer picnics and parties!
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 8 oz. plain hummus
- 1 small lime, zested
- 1/4+ tsp. cayenne
- 1 and 1/4 tsp. granulate garlic
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt + pepper
- Add corn to a medium skillet over medium heat and cook until thawed and slightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of corn, then add the rest to a medium bowl. Add hummus, lime zest, cayenne, granulated garlic, cilantro, green onion, and lime juice. Mix to combine. Taste, and add lemon juice, salt, and /or pepper if necessary. Adjust seasoning as necessary as well.
- Top with reserved corn, additional cilantro, a small sprinkle of cayenne, and a drizzle of lime juice if desired. Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge and serve cold. Delish with veggies or tortilla chips!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!