Did you guys have springy weather over the weekend? We did, and I’m all sorts of happy about it.
To be honest, I’ve never really looked forward to spring.
End of school? Of course.
A summer full of playing with friends? Duh.
Wearing cute summery dresses and skirts and tanks? Yes yes yes.
Spring has always just felt in the way. A necessary stop on the road to summer-filled bliss.
This year though? I’m a spring’s #1 fan. Give me a foam finger and a cute little “Spring is #1” temporary tattoo because spring is all I’m thinking about at the moment.
I’m not sure what that is tbh. We didn’t have an exceptionally bad or long winter or anything. But man am I looking forward to spring.
Especially when we have dinners like THIS to look forward to! 🥕🥑🌶
I LOVE THESE BOWLS. So freakin’ much. I found myself standing over the sink with the container of leftovers and a fork multiple times.
The flavors! The textures! They just work.
Spring Roll Bowls have been a thing on the internet recently, and I’m loving the trend. Everything you love in a fresh, crunchy spring roll without the annoying rolling part? Sign me the heck up!
These Vegan Spring Roll Bowls are a cut above the rest for a few reasons:
- The tofu! This tofu is crazy. It’s the same tofu we chatted about last week, and it’s the same tofu that Mark’s cousin said she loved and won over her meat-eating husband. That’s a win if I’ve ever heard one. It’s crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, and super duper flavorful. I’m in love. 😍
- The veggies! Of course, these are totally customizable, but I was pretty in love with the combo I ended up choosing. First of all, they’re beautiful, right? Those colors make me swoon. But they’re also FULL of different textures and flavors! Crunchy cabbage, crisp peppers, creamy avocado…they just all make me all kinds of happy. *cue the veggie-inspired happy dance*
- The dressing! Oh man. This dressing is bonkers. In the very best way possible, of course. It hits all of your flavor tastebuds: salty, sweet, sour, and umami-y. It’s so good, and I pretty much want to pour it over my whole life right now. You just need a bit of soy sauce / tamari, lime, honey / maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, and Sriracha!
- The fillingness! I know, I know. Totally not a word. But if it was, this bowl would be the textbook definition of it. We serve this whole protein- and veggie-packed situation over a bed of rice (jasmine, brown, or your fave), and it gives the perfect neutral base upon which the rest of our bowls are crafted! Feel free to sub the rice out for something like rice or soba noodles. I wouldn’t hate that one bit.
If you’re as ready for spring as I am, let’s spring (heh) into these Vegan Spring Roll Bowls! Perfect for a work lunch or weeknight meal, and totally 100% lovable.
Easy Vegan Spring Roll Bowls with Crispy Tofu
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 3-4 people||Total:|
Fresh, flavorful, and super simple! These Vegan Spring Roll Bowls are the perfect vegan lunch or dinner for spring and summer!
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari (for gf-ers!)
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. honey or agave (for vegans!)
- small squeeze Sriracha
- small squeeze fresh lime juice
- 1 batch Easy Crispy Marinated Tofu
- 1 cup jasmine or brown rice, cooked according to package instructions**
- 2 large handfuls shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped,
- 1-2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 large handfuls sliced carrots
- 3-4 green onions, sliced thin
- cilantro and sesame seeds, for topping
- Mix your sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare your tofu and rice. Set aside.
- Assemble your bowls: Add a layer of rice to the bottom of 3-4 bowls. Evenly divide the vegetables and tofu on top. Top with cilantro, sesame seeds, and your dressing. Enjoy immediately!
*If you like a lot of sauce, double the recipe!
**Rice is great, but soba or rice noodles would be awesome, too!