Are you ready to drink the rainbow?
Homemade juice! It’s such an easy thing to make at home.
Tbh, I’m not the biggest juice fan. I love me a smoothie almost every day. But juice doesn’t excite me as much.
Maybe because it’s not as creamy? Because I can’t eat it with a spoon? Because I can’t top it with #allthethings?
I have no idea. But I will say that every once in a while, I get an intense juice craving. Like crazy intense.
Maybe it’s the hot and steamy weather we’ve been having, or maybe it’s the fact that I have trouble drinking plain, ol’, boring water. But every once in a while, juice hits the spot like no other drink.
And because I once fell into the trap of spending $10 on one 12oz. juice (?!?!), I make my juice at home! And without a juicer!
And you can do it, too! I pinky promise with a cherry on top that it’s easy peasy.
We’re getting fruits and veggies out of this rainbow juice deal. You ready for this colorful concoction?
- Red: Apples! My favorite. I like a sweeter red apple here like fuji or gala.
- Orange: Carrots! I had an apple-carrot-ginger juice a while ago and totally flipped over it! So so good.
- Yellow: Ginger! You know me. I can’t make a juice without copious amounts of ginger. Please and thx.
- Green: Cucumber! Another one of my favorite juice ingredients because it’s refreshing and full of water. Holla!
- Blue: Blueberries! A necessary summer fruit.
- Purple: Blackberries! My favorite of the berry family! I love using berries because they’re typically lower on the sugar spectrum than fruits like mangos, pineapple, oranges, etc.
Once you have your rainbow, toss it all into a blender with a teenie tiny bit of H2O.
Remember this fun “homemade juice without a juicer” tutorial from forever ago? It’s still the method I use with one exception: instead of my fine-mesh strainer, I use a nut milk bag (affiliate link) to strain!
Why the change? Laziness. I hate hate hate cleaning my fine-mesh strainer. It’s one of my favorite kitchen tools, but dang girl. Annoying to clean.
So the nut milk bag is awesome! It creates a perfectly strained mixture, which is super important if you’re like me and despise “furry” juice.
Pulp does not make for an enjoyable juice experience. I get every last bit out with a nut milk bag!
I know you’ll love this refreshing, whole food homemade juice! I know the ingredients kind of seem all over the place, but it totally 100% works. Spicy ginger, cooling cucumber, sweet apples and berries…it’s all so good!
Strain, pour over a ton of ice, and suck down wearing your sunglasses on your porch with the wind blowing in your hair. Do it up. Suck every last drop out of this glorious summer season!Print
Homemade Rainbow Juice
An easy, seasonal, refreshing homemade juice made with fruits and vegetables! Naturally vegan, and easily made without a juicer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings 1x
- Category: juice
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sweet red apple, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots
- 1–2 inch chunk ginger (no need to peel)
- 1 medium cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 6 oz. blackberries
- ~1/2 cup water
- Add all of the ingredients (except the water) into a blender. Blend on high until pureed, adding water if needed to thin and help blend.
- Strain using a fine-mesh strainer or a nut milk bag, pour over ice, and enjoy!
Keywords: homemade juice, rainbow juice, juice without a juicer
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!