Some links used in this post are affiliate links, which means if you order a product through the link, Fooduzzi makes some money (at no cost to you). All money is put directly back into making delicious plant-based yum here on the blog!
Dictionary.com defines boujee as, “luxurious in lifestyle yet humble in character.”
Pretty sure the fine people at dictionary.com are in my head because that definition describes this recipe perfectly.
HI! How’s it going? Are you ready for the first ever Instant Pot recipe on Fooduzzi?
How do we feel about the Instant Pot btw? Love it? Hate it? Kinda indifferent?
Tbh. I’m kind of loving it for meal prep. I hate meal prep. But it helps me cook giant batches of weekly staples like beans and rice and haluski with minimal effort.
It’s kind of my favorite thing at the moment. Curious to hear your thoughts! And if you have any favorite recipes!
Besides this one because you gonna love it.
Before we talk about boujee haluski, we gotta make sure we understand what regular, non-boujee haluski actually is. Which, apparently, isn’t a thing everywhere.
I honestly could not imagine a life without haluski, so if you went into this blog post not knowing what haluski was, well, you’re welcome.
Traditional haluski is made with copious amounts of butter (omg guys like so much freaking butter), as well as egg noodles. Add in some cabbage, onions, and garlic, and there you have it.
Due to the butter and egg noodle situation, haluski is not vegan. It’s a rustic Polish comfort dish without any flashes, sparkles, or pizzazz.
But you know me. I gotta add that sparkle. Or in this case, boujeeness.
This ain’t your mama’s homey, simple haluski!
Boujee Haluski Boujeeness Factors:
- Instant Pot! Definitely not the norm for a simple stovetop recipe like this. And super trendy right now. But to make a recipe like this vegan, the Instant Pot is pretty perfect. Because everything cooks in the same pot, the starchiness from the noodles helps add the richness we lose by eliminating the butter river in traditional recipes.
- Brown rice noodles! It’s gluten free, too! Because we’re using brown rice noodles. They hold up beautifully in the Instant Pot, and they’re starchy and kinda nutty. Yum yum.
- Olive oil! Use your fave! You’ll only need a bit to add some richness.
- My love of rhymes / fun-sounding foods! Enough said.
And that’s that! It’s incredibly simple, it comes together in just a few minutes, and it’s the perfect comfort food.
So the next time you’re feeling boujee, you know what to do.Print
Boujee Haluski (Instant Pot Haluski)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Polish
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium head cabbage, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
3 cups water
1 lb. brown rice fusilli (I used these)*
salt + pepper
fresh parsley, for topping
- Press Sauté on your Instant Pot. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Add your olive oil, cabbage, onion, and a small pinch of salt, and sauté with a wooden spoon for about 10 minutes. Within the last minute, add your garlic. The goal here is to cook down the cabbage and release some of the water.
- Press Cancel on your Instant Pot. Then add your water and pasta. Mix well, ensuring that the pasta is wet. Add a 1/4 cup more water if needed.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid. Press Pressure Cook. Make sure it’s on High Pressure, and then set the timer for 3 minutes. Make sure the valve on the lid is set to Sealing.
- Allow the Instant Pot to cook (it comes up to pressure, then cooks for three minutes), and then carefully release the pressure by turning the lid valve to venting.
- Stir and season generously with salt and pepper (I love looooots of pepper in this!!). Serve immediately as is or with your protein-o-choice!
If you’re not using the same brown rice fusilli, be sure to reference this post to get your correct cook time.
Keywords: haluski, vegan haluski, vegan pasta
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!