[This post is sponsored by my best foodie friends at Bob’s Red Mill! We’re using their Almond Flour for this recipe.]
This is a love letter to three ingredients of bliss.
Almonds + dates + raspberry preserves/jam. That’s all you need for a snack that theoretically can last all week, but I’d be shocked if they last you three days.
I’m a snacky person. Always have been, probably always will be.
I probably have…2-3 snacks per day. I love having a midday snack after lunch, and then another while I’m cooking (gotta be fueled to cook, you know?). And then dessert, of course.
Mark, on the other hand. He does not snack. He eats 2-3 square meals and calls it a day.
I’m just…not even sure how that’s possible. Please tell me that you, too, are on the snacky end of the spectrum.
And if you are, do I have a snack for you. It requires only three ingredients, comes together in a snap, and perfectly stores in your freezer for when you’re in need of quick sustenance.
Raspberry Almond Date Truffles – a fancy upgrade to your midday snack break.
Alright, first things first, watch this video to see just how simple it is to make these bad boys:
See? So simple.
The tl;dw version is:
- Get some dates. The squishy medjool ones. Big and juicy and sweet and wonderful. Pit them and soak them in hot water for a few minutes so they’re super soft and easy to blend.
- Drain those dates and add them to a food processor along with some raspberry jam/preserves. Blend until smooth.
- Dump your non-photogenic mixture into a bowl and add some Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour to the party! It’s perfectly ground so it’s a great binder here, and it actually adds an impressive amount of flavor to these truffles! They really are almondy.
- Roll into balls, roll in sliced almonds, and then chill in the freezer. They’ll stay soft and chewy, they’re just a bit less sticky when stored in the freezer.
Done & done! So simple, and just really cute looking, right? Way cuter than like…an apple or something. Some other less impressive snack.
For just a lil more effort, you can have a snack that looks cute and tastes even better.
The flavor of these truffles is almost…marzipan-like. It’s fiercely almondy with a side of raspberry and an almost syrupy sweetness from the dates.
Gah, I just love these cuties. Lmk if you try them!Print
Raspberry Almond Date Truffles
Chewy, sweet, packed with almond flavor, and just the right amount of raspberry-y. I love these truffles as a snack or dessert!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: ~10 servings
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
10 large medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 and 1/4+ cups Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
~1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Soak your dates in hot water for 10 minutes, or until softened. Drain well and add to a food processor with the preserves. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a medium bowl and add your almond flour. You’re looking for a sticky mixture that will roll into balls. You might need a little more depending on the texture of your jam and the size of your dates.
- Grab a small bowl and fill with water. Dip your hands into the water and take some of the dough and roll it into 10 balls. The water is just there to help you roll because this mixture is rather sticky.
- Roll your balls into the sliced almonds. Place in an air-tight container and freeze until they can be easily handled (a few hours or overnight). Dive in and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan snacks, energy bites, date recipes
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!