Can we talk about how incredible breakfast food is? If you’re like me and prefer sweeter breakfasts, breakfast time is basically an excuse to eat dessert first thing in the morning, full of fresh fruit, warm whole grains, and bright green smoothies. How can that be a bad thing? If you like savory breakfasts, there are so many different directions one could take their delicacy – eggs, avocado, salsa, spices…the works. I am convinced that breakfast foods are simply the best, and yes, I realize that I sound a lot like this guy:
Chocolate-Dipped Nut-Stuffed Dates
Happy New Year! I was never one to go to some crazy party and stay up until the wee hours of the morning on New Years Eve. I never really saw the point, and, honestly, I value sleep a little too much. But I did end up going to one of my favorite restaurants, Tamari, last night with a group of friends from high school. We had a wonderful time, and the food was, of course, fabulous.
Do you have any resolutions for the big ol’ 2015? I wouldn’t say that I have a resolution list, per-say…I more have a list of things to do before we reach 2016. I figured I wouldn’t be setting myself up to fail by expecting all of these aspects of my life to change overnight – I am giving myself the entire year to accomplish them. To hold me accountable to said goals, here are a few:
1. READ – I loved to read as a kid, but I have definitely gotten away from it after I started college. I have a huge list of books to read until I start my big-person job in the summer: The Bell Jar, The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 451, Gone Girl, The Power of Habit, etc….have any other suggestions?
2. Focus on the good and stay positive – huge one for me. I’m sometimes a Debbie-Downer…which is so no fun for anyone.
3. Have weekend plans – I like to grocery shop and watch Netflix a little too much. Having plans = branching out = meeting new people = goodness.
4. Write – One of my biggest passions in life is to put pen to paper. I’m hoping to dedicate a little more time to this blog, too.
5. Eat mindfully – which brings me to…
Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of yummy food and pleasant family time. We had a very low-key Christmas, but it was so nice. After going from running on all cylinders trying to buy the perfect gifts, sitting around while sharing stories with family over
a glass of wine was exactly what the doctor ordered.
This dish is one of our favorite appetizers this time of year because it’s just so darn pretty and festive. And full of creamy, gooey, herby goodness. Every time my Aunt Jackie, the wonderful mastermind behind this Pesto Brie, is in town, we can almost always expect this dish to be set out as an appetizer. The anticipation of watching the Pesto Brie emerge from the oven as a hot gooey mess is almost too much to handle. And the fact that it can go from dish to table in less than 30 minutes? Pure perfection. Trust me: you need this in your life.
Banana Bread Oats
My name is Alexa Peduzzi, and I am an oatmeal addict.
I figured this was a respectable way to start Fooduzzi – an admittance of my obsession with the lowly oat. Believe you me; they will be making many appearances here. I can honestly say I have had a bowl of oatmeal every day for about five months. I apologize for being a 99-year-old woman.