It’s Monnnnday! Are you ready to take on the week like the superstar I know you are?!
I’m SO ready.
In all honesty though, I’ve had a pretty successful start to 2017. Even if it is just a week+ old.
I’ve found a new “system” that helps me stay on top of my work and recipes, which has seriously been life-changing. I’m planning ahead, rather than just scrambling to come up with a recipe to release the next day. And…
I started vlogging. On YouTube.
I know. I don’t really know how I feel about it yet. But within the past six months, I’ve seriously become addicted to YouTube. And I was NEVER a YouTube kid growing up. While everyone was watching funny cat videos on YouTube in high school, I was customizing my MySpace prof. Or playing basketball. Or watching Psych reruns on TV.
But now? Wow. I love it. There are so many fun things to learn on YouTube, and I hope that you guys
So what does vlogging have to do with this Addictive Orange Cinnamon Granola?
Much like YouTube, I never really liked oranges. Until this year. I know I talked about this phenomenon last week, but I mean, since we’ve had two orange-centric recipes in the last two weeks, I think it warrants being mentioned yet again. I’m amazed at how big of an orange freak I’ve become this year.
So, naturally, I had to combine it with oats.
This granola. Is. Insane. In fact, after I baked it off, I went outside to scrape the snow off my car, and I could SMELL IT. And then when I got closer to my door, I realized that the delicious smell of cinnamon and orange and maple was seeping through the door.
Free smells, friends. I’m giving you free smells.
And honestly, it couldn’t be simpler. Dry ingredients (oats, almonds, chia seeds) go in one bowl, another bowl is filled with your wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, orange zest, vanilla extract). Combine the two, bake for 30ish minutes, and smell and munch your way to orange cinnamon nirvana.
And you can seriously use this granola in any way, and at any time, you want.
- Breakfast: Use it as a cereal with milk! Scoop it on top of a smoothie bowl!
- Lunch/Snack: Munch on a bag of it on it’s own!
- Dinner: Throw it into a salad for some crunch!
You’ll want to do it all. It’s that good.
If you love my Lemon Chia Seed Granola, you will LOVE this orange cinnamon flavor. Enjoy, friends!
Addictive Orange Cinnamon Granola
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 6-8||Total:|
A sweet and citrusy granola that's filled with chia seeds, almonds, and rolled oats. A wholesome vegan and gluten free breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups rolled oats (gf if you want)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- zest of 2 large oranges
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, and chia seeds in a large bowl, and quickly mix to combine. In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until all of the dry ingredients are coated in the mixture.
- Pour mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and flatten into one layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the baking sheet, and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the outside becomes lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature before breaking the pieces apart. Store in an air-tight container.
Get updates on my blog!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!