ps. isn’t it kind of a drag that Halloween falls on a Monday this year? Boo.
I know things have been rather sweet around here lately, but I have just one more sweet treat to get you in the Halloween spirit today. And I know you’re going to love it. ❤️
I used to work at a coffee shop, and every once in a while on my break I’d buy myself something called a “Blondie Blast”. I loved those dang blondies. They were soft and chewy, but dense and
packed blasted (?) with chocolate, M&Ms, sugar, and butter. They were perfect.
I recently went back to that coffee shop and eyed up my favorite dessert splurge, but then I had a glorious thought: “I can make that.”
So I did. And here it is. In all of it’s gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar-free glory.
We know what blondies are, yes? They’re essentially cocoa- and chocolate-less brownies. I love brownies for sure, but I might love blondies just a wee bit more. I know! Hear me out. I just think that blondies are a perfect base into which we can mix all sorts of goodies. I like my brownies straight-up with nary a mix-in in sight; blondies, on the other hand, should be trashed up with all the things.
Like peanut butter cups! And copious amounts of ooey gooey chocolate! Hubba hubba. To keep these blondies totally and completely vegan, I used Trader Joe’s Organic 73% Dark Chocolate and Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (omggggg). I’m thoroughly obsessed with both of these products. Especially when they’re enveloped in blondie cookie goodness.
Speaking of which: It’s my favorite cookie base! It’s pretty much the same base that we use for these Best Damn Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Seriously. Best damn. And so many of you who have made them agree! But if you thought the cookies were good…just WAIT until you bake them off into blondies. They only take about five more minutes to bake, but you don’t need to chill them so yay! And the result is pretty stunning, especially if you stack them one on top of another like a food blogger:
They’re chewy and dense on the inside and slightly crispy around the corners. Keep in mind that you can use whatever leftover Halloween candy you want here, but if you can, always opt for the peanut butter cups.
I mean, really. The very best way to spend Halloween right here ⬇️
Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 9 people||Total:|
Dense and chewy blondies are filled with peanut butter cups and dark chocolate! Naturally gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free and ready in 30 minutes!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 6 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 and ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 4 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (make sure it isn't hot!)
- 6 Tbsp. peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz. vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped vegan peanut butter cups (I used Justin's Dark Chocolate Minis)
- coarse salt to top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8"x8" pan with coconut oil.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Be sure to remove any large almond flour lumps.
- In a small bowl, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry, and mix. When it's almost combined, add in most of your chopped chocolate and peanut butter cups. The batter will be stiff.
- Pour dough into your prepared pie pan, and flatten with your hands. Press the rest of your chocolate and peanut butter cups on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30-40 minutes, cut into 9 squares, and then move the pan into the fridge to cool completely. Store covered in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!