These. Are. Insane.
Insane in the very best way possible.
I find myself starting more and more conversations without even saying hi to a person. Not sure if that’s my millennialness acting up or what. But oh well.
But growing up, my very favorite dessert: brownies.
Rich and chewy, perfectly chocolatey. I was never one to turn away from a brownie. I even loved those super chewy brownies from the school cafeteria with the inch of powdered sugar on top. Yep, even those.
When I started getting into reading food blogs, I would always determine if I’d stick around based on if they had an amazing looking brownie recipe on their blog. True story. The first thing I’d do was view all of their desserts, and if they had a brownie recipe that tickled my fancy, I’d be an instant fan.
In case there are any others like me out there, these Vegan Dark Chocolate Brownies are my offering. And boy are they yum.
Is there anything better than chocolate? No. There is not.
I’m obsessed with these brownies. They’re crispy on the outside, and seriously moist and chewy and perfect on the inside. They are down-right dreamy.
Would you believe there is not a lick of cocoa powder in these brownies? Nope. That crazy-delicious and rich chocolate flavor is coming from melted dark chocolate. Yep, there’s two whole melted chocolate bars hiding in these brownies.
If that wasn’t enough, Bob’s Red Mill is coming to the rescue in two ways. We’re using their Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour and…their GLUTEN FREE VEGAN EGG REPLACER! I know!! I was so excited to try it out here! Three “eggs” will be used here, so all you’ll do is mix 3 Tbsp. of the egg replacer with 6 Tbsp. of water. Let it sit for a hot second and then…BAM. Vegan “eggs.” It worked so well here, and I cannot wait for you to try it! Here’s a $1 off coupon if you’re interested in trying it!
The thing about these brownies…you’re going to pull them out of the oven and be all, “What in the world is happening?” They bubble quite a bit as they’re coming out of the oven. But trust me. It’ll all work itself out. Pinky promise. After chilling them in the fridge or freezer a bit, you will be left with a rich and chewy and dense love square.
That’s what I’m calling these now. Chocolate Love Squares. ❤️
To say I’m in love is an understatement. These brownies are as riiiiich as can be, super chocolatey, and perfectly chewy. I know you will LOVE them!
Vegan Dark Chocolate Brownies
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 9-12 people||Total:|
The richest, chewiest brownies EVER. Plus they're gluten free and vegan!
- 7 oz. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Vegan Egg Replacer
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch baking pan (square or circle*) with aluminum foil, leaving some to hang over the edges. Set aside.
- Add chopped chocolate, coconut oil, and peanut butter to a medium glass bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Set aside.
- Mix your egg replacer and water together. Set aside to gel for 1-2 minutes, mixing after about 30 seconds or so. Set aside.
- Add your sugar to the chocolate mixture, and mix to combine well. Add egg mixture and whisk to combine. Add flour use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Scoop mixture into your prepared baking pan and bake for 37-42 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The brownies might bubble at this point - that's okay. Remove the brownies and set them on a wire rack to cool. Once the pan is cool enough, move your brownies to the fridge to speed up the cooling process. If you leave the brownies in the fridge, they'll be hard thanks to the coconut oil - they're easier to cut this way. Remove the brownies from the pan using the aluminum foil and cut with a sharp knife. Store in the fridge (for harder brownies) or at room temperature in an air-tight container (for super soft and fudgy brownies).
*I baked mine in a 9"x2" circle baking pan. I just cut the curved edges off my brownie to cut them into squares. Brownie scraps for the win!
Adapted from the Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook.
A special thanks goes to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Check out more delicious healthy recipes, snag coupons, and find stores near you at BobsRedMill.com!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!