Oh hi there! Have you had a good week?
Once again, my week has been hella busy, but it’s okay! We’re munching on something outrageously delicious today.
Let me tell you two quick stories about this recipe:
- The day I shot this recipe, I put the leftovers in the fridge and told Mark to heat them up for dinner while I was at the movies with a friend. When I came home, the first thing Mark said to me was, “Babe, I’m so proud of you. These are some of the best things to ever come out of this kitchen.” #win.
- I made them for my cheese-loving mother once, and she immediately requested that I make them again for her and my meat-loving father. He loved them just as much.
It’s amazing. These Cheesy Vegan Zucchini Roll Ups seriously have a way of just…making you feel things.
In the best way possible.
There is already so much love for these roll ups; I’m so excited to share them with you today!
They’re surprisingly simple to make: roast (or grill) zucchini, stuff with my 4 ingredient vegan ricotta cheese, bake for a few minutes, then serve.it.up.
The rolling and cutting…I have trouble making these things pretty sometimes. Sometimes I get really lucky, other times, meh. But because I’ve made them five times in three weeks, I’ve learned some things. Tips for beautiful rolls:
- I just suggest you have a bit of patience when trying to conquer this recipe. It’s not hard it just requires a teensy tiny bit of finesse to try and make them look beautiful.
- Make sure your zucchini is tender. If it’s not, the zucchini will crack when you try and roll it. It won’t affect the flavors at all, it’s just not as pretty.
- Bake your rolls after you’ve rolled them again, just for a few minutes. If any water leaks out of the zucchini, use a paper towel to sop it up. Super simple.
- Serve them up with your favorite red sauce and basil on top. Everything looks prettier with basil sprinkles.
Even if they’re not pretty, they will still taste amazing. Pinky promise.
I hope you try and love these rolls! They could not be simpler, and they are such a treat for spring and summer!
Ps. I’m totally making these again this week. Ob.sessed.
Cheesy Vegan Zucchini Roll Ups
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 2-3 people||Total:|
A light and flavorful zucchini roll up! Naturally vegan and gluten free.
- 2 large zucchini, sliced longways into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1-2+ Tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 recipe of my Vegan Cashew Ricotta
- 2 cups of your favorite red sauce
- roughly chopped basil for topping, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush olive oil onto your sliced zucchini and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on your parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sliced zucchini is tender. *
- Remove from the oven and carefully place the slices on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Top with additional paper towel, and let them sit for 10 minutes. Dab off any additional moisture with paper towel.
- Add a tablespoon or two of "cheese" at one end of your rolls, then roll it up so that the cheese is secured inside.
- Season your rolls with a pinch of salt and pepper if needed, then put them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and soak up any additional water with paper towels. Top with red sauce and basil. Enjoy with pasta or as-is!
*You can also use a grill pan or grill!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!