Friends! We’re still going strong with Affogato Week!
How are we feeling? In a sugar comatose yet?
Today’s affogato can technically be called a health food. Because we’re doin’ it up with turmeric, aka. the trendiest spice since 2015.
I love turmeric. Not only does it have loads of nutritional benefits (see here), but I really enjoy the taste! Sorta peppery, sorta…earthy. And the color? So beautiful.
But using it in a dessert? Never.
Golden Milk Coconut Affogato. So much yes happening over here.
Just like our other Affogato Week treats, I really love using vanilla bean ice cream here. I haven’t mentioned this yet, but my favorite vegan options are So Delicious (which is what I used here) and Coconut Bliss – they’re just as creamy as their dairy counterparts! The intense vanilla flavor works so well with the “golden milk.”
Speaking of! It’s really simple. Vanilla almond milk, turmeric, black pepper (to enhance the absorption of curcumin), and a touch of maple syrup. Whisk, heat until hot, and pour it over your cold ice cream. And then top it with a bunch of coconut flakes!
Bliss. Serious and total golden bliss.
Vegan Golden Milk Coconut Affogato
|Prep:||Yield: serves 1||Total:|
A beautiful, refreshing sweet treat using the trendiest spice: turmeric! Naturally vegan and gluten free.
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- small pinch ground black pepper
- small drizzle maple syrup
- coconut flakes
- Scoop your ice cream into a bowl and stick it into the freezer to firm up a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up your almond milk in a small pot on the stove. Once hot, add turmeric, pepper, and maple syrup, and whisk well to combine.
- Pour golden milk over your ice cream and top with coconut flakes. Enjoy immediately.
Easily doubled, tripled, etc.
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!