[This post is sponsored by my wonderful friends at Bob’s Red Mill! We’re using their amazing Almond Flour for this 3-Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Cheese.]
You know that grated parmesan cheese that comes in that non-refrigerated green bottle? Now it’s vegan!
And it only requires THREE ingredients!!!
My current life slogan is “all the carbs.” I literally can’t stop it with the carbs. Ever since I started eating gluten again, I’ve been all about the rice, pasta, bread, and potatoes I can get my hands on.
That said, I always like to choose whole grains, healthy fats, and fresh ingredients whenever I can. So even when I can’t stop eating pasta, I like to make it as nutritious as possible. It’s all about balance.
Brown rice pasta? So good.
A “clean” store-bought marinara sauce? Yes, please.
VEGAN Parmesan Cheese made from three healthy ingredients? !!!!!!
This vegan parm is ridiculously simple to make, so there’s no excuse to not to have a container in the fridge for whenever that carb-craving strikes.
You can even put it in a green shake bottle. You know, for nostalgia.
Like the title of this post suggest, this vegan parmesan cheese is made up of three ingredients:
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour! Oh yes, it’s not just for cookies anymore! You guys know how much I love using almond flour for baking, but would you believe that it’s just as great as a vegan parm base?! Weird, but true. You know how grated parm has that…buttery, oily, grainy texture? Yeah, almond flour has all three. It’s so cool, you guys! I always use Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour because I know it’s going to be consistently ground and super fine, which is perfect for parm!
- Nutritional Yeast! For that cheesy flava. Of course! We’ve made cheese before without it, but with only three ingredients, you really need it here. Plus, you can get it from Bob’s Red Mill, so if you’re ordering some almond flour from their website, go ahead and add a bag of nooch to your order as well. It’s kinda salty on its own, but that saltiness factor gets elevated by…
- Kosher Salt! Kinda specific, but I used kosher salt here for a reason. It has bigger grains than normal table salt, so I really like it in cheese because it adds a really nice, sharp saltiness. Plus you need less of it because of those big grains. If you don’t have kosher salt, no worries. Just salt to taste!
Yep, you only need those three ingredients!! You’ll dump them into a bowl, whisk them to combine and get rid of any lumps, then sprinkle of whatever your desire!
One bowl and d-o-n-e. So so simple, right?!
And my mind is already racing with possibilities for this vegan parm. Obviously, it’s awesome in the traditional sense – on top of pasta with red sauce. But I’m already wanting to make “cheesy” garlic bread, cheese pizza, and more with the stuff. Gah and pesto! And salads! And literally everything because this stuff rocks.
I can’t wait. Happy vegan parmesan experimenting!
3-Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Cheese
|Prep:||Yield: ~3/4 cup||Total:|
Salty, cheesy vegan parmesan cheese that comes together in minutes! You'll love sprinkling this on pasta, pizza, bread, and more.
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 4 and 1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1+ tsp. kosher salt*
- Add almond flour, nutritional yeast, and salt to a bowl. Whisk well to combine and remove lumps. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge and sprinkle on everything!
*You can use regular table salt here, but you'll probably need more than what's called for here. Just season to taste and until it tastes like parm!
A special thanks goes to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Check out more delicious healthy recipes, snag coupons, and find stores near you at BobsRedMill.com!
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!